Decepti-Kon Generation 1 (April 16th-17th/Sacramento, CA)

(Northern California / Washington / Oregon)
Aoiro

Decepti-Kon Generation 1 (April 16th-17th/Sacramento, CA)

Post by Aoiro » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Decepti-Kon
Celebrating the fusion of Japanese and American animation.

Decepti-Kon website
Decepti-Kon Facebook
Team LoveHATE website
Team LoveHATE Facebook

Date
Saturday, April 16th, 2011-Sunday, 17th, 2011

Time
Day 1 from 10AM-7PM & 9PM-2AM
Day 2 from 10AM-5PM

Place
Red Lion Hotel Sacramento
1401 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95815

All good things...
must come to an end... and some things are about to blow the frack up. Decepti-kon and Team LoveHATE have officially partnered up to bring to you a celebration of the fusion between American and Japanese anime, cosplay, comics, music, and art. A place where Stormtroopers mingle with the Akatsuki and Klingons pose with Ouran's Club. A venue where beer pong tournaments are held along side video game tournaments and the urban sounds of a nightclub fuse with the steady pounding of a rave. Where Fanboys and Otaku alike find themselves immersed with old friends and kind strangers. A visceral playground for the creative minds both young and old.

Welcome to Decepti-kon.
With our crosshairs pointed at the future of what conventions should be, we ride the cusp of what's new and what hasn't been done. Combining the youthfulness of first-time cosplayers and the acquired tastes of the "graduated" conventionist, we make "old hat" new again by providing all the amenities of a traditional con with alternative entertainment venues to satisfy the ones with more "urban" pursuits. As we gear up our artists pavilion and vendor room, we are working out the bracket system for what looks to the FIRST EVER beer pong tournament held at a convention.

Did I mention that this event will be streamed across the net to 3.2 million homes and televised?

Did I mention the group rate for rooms is $60.00? (so you better reserve now! the first 80 rooms will be right in front of the outdoor rave)

Did I mention that a weekend pass is only $20 bucks?

Did I mention that the beer pong tournament is only $10 to play? (not a bad price to be a part of history)

So make sure that you bring it on April 16th-17th because Decepti-kon and Team LoveHATE will.

Oh yeah... we have this game we're playing with the fliers.
There will be 3 of them: Common Autobot, Uncommon Decepticon, and the elusive Unicron.
Find them.
Collect them all and present them at the door and you win... something fricken cool.