Survival tips to the san diego comicon

(Southern California, Arizona, Nevada)
Escamilla_R

Survival tips to the san diego comicon

Post by Escamilla_R » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:55 pm

Hi, i’m from Mexico, and about 3 years or so I’ve been planning going to the San Diego comi-con to see my comics idols.
But I’ve been submerging into the cosplay scenario around here and if I go to the san diego comicon (maybe 2006, this time I didn’t start well :( ) I want to go to the masquerade.

Are there any tips you can tell me to survive into the comicon? (Or maybe, cosplay contests in the US, Texas is not so far away and it’s cheaper than going to California)

In the conventions in Mexico, it’s not so difficult to get a good seat if you pay attention, let’s say, 2-3 hours before. But in the comicon you need a ticket, I don’t know if it’s also necessary going to the line 6 hours before the event. And in others cons, I really don’t know if the way of organization is similar to San Diego

vonnie

yeah!

Post by vonnie » Sun May 01, 2005 9:04 am

Hi! I live in Mexico too :) And I went to the San Diego Comic Con last year. It was awesome!!!! Here are my kickbutt tips 8) :

-If you're there with your friends, make sure you don't loose track of them because the Con is huuuge. [When I lost my friend there I searched all around for about 3 hours until I found her]

-This is obvious, but: Take enough money cause they sell loads of cool things. There was even a Starbucks in the Con!

-As for standing in line, I'm pretty sure there was no line at all. So don't worry about that ;)

-Take a camera!!! There are some awesome cosplayers!

That's all I can think of for now. By the way, are you a girl or a guy?

Bakura Chan

Post by Bakura Chan » Mon May 09, 2005 3:33 pm

--carry a watch, also cell phone(just in case)

--If line is very long, dring something to do(Like read manga, cards<yugioh, magic etc etc) cd player with cds and batteries(bring extra)

--be on the look for STARS (like Dominc Monaghan who been in comic con twice SO COOL)

--get as many free stuff you can get(before the other people stampede)

--sometimes one of the kind could be there so be on the look out

thats all for now from the comic con expert
Bakura chan