How do I add, edit or delete accounts in my QuickBooks Chart of Accounts?

You wanted it, you got it! General posts and chatting can go here, but keep it friendly...
benjaminjames

How do I add, edit or delete accounts in my QuickBooks Chart of Accounts?

Post by benjaminjames » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

QuickBooks makes it easy to customize your Chart of Accounts by adding, editing or removing accounts as needed. To add a new account, go to the Lists menu and select Chart of Accounts. Then click the Account menu at the bottom and choose New. Enter the account details like name, type, description and tax-line mapping, then save.

To edit an existing account, simply right-click on it in the Chart of Accounts list and select Edit Account. You can then modify any of the account details. To delete an account you no longer need, again right-click on the account name in the list and choose Delete Account. Keep in mind you cannot delete an account that has been used in any transactions - you must first transfer any balance to another account. Overall, QuickBooks provides straightforward tools within the Chart of Accounts screen to add accounts for your specific tracking needs, update account properties over time, and remove obsolete accounts from your books.

If you are still struggling with this problem visit Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks