any one from ontario herre??

xxRikkuxx

any one from ontario herre??

Post by xxRikkuxx » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:08 am

is there n e 1 frum ontario in this forum? who knows alot about cosplay i need a few tips on the costumes like where to buy them or the materials to make them id really like to kno and where there r conventions and things like that plz help me out?id really appreciate it!!!thnx!!!PEACE
I will live with my sorrow
Iwill live in my own life
I will defeat sorrow in this place
I don't know when it will be,
but someday I will conquer it
and I will do it without
FALSE HOPE

Nanaki

Post by Nanaki » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:40 am

Hi Rikku, I hear that i would have a cosplay in Luca tomorrow! lol
Nan... I still wait for new from the dreaming artist. He's not often on the forum... well, like me...
see you in Luca!
lol :D
~Nanaki~
I'm the guardian of Cosmo Canyon and I will do my best to bring the peace to this world...
But don't try to touch me 'cause I'll bite you!!!

beyond_pretty

Post by beyond_pretty » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:25 pm

*raises hand*

I'm from Ontario! I live in Niagara Falls!

fourthmage

Post by fourthmage » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:30 am

I'm in Ontario. And I tend to go to Anime North. (in toronto)

Costuming tips? I purchase fabric at Fabricland or Walmart :D

As for people to make them.. .don't look at me.. I have enough work making my own and my cosplay group's.... but I'm sure you can find people to take commissions.

~Alley

Falling_Forward

Post by Falling_Forward » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:05 pm

Hey Rikku,
Im still new to Cosplay Paradise and ive only made around 5-6 costumes. all I know is that sum ppl Buy parts to make a costume sum ppl make it from raw material and sum ppl even trade costumes with other ppl from different cons its all in the way u feel like putting the costume together.
I just visit clothing stores to get parts for costumes, then its straight to the dollar stores to pick up lil funny looking items so i can make them look real :D

If u want to know about conventions i don't know about too many but the only 2 i go to for now are -Anime North- and -CNAnime- (both in Toronto)

If u go to Anime North, Ill be the cool loking guy in the Dante costume. lmao.......
FF
Falling-forward_
In time you will learn to deal with my Ignorance
.': ; .: ::

Arikusu

Post by Arikusu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:48 am

hello fello ontarioins, i can't wait for anime north.... is anyone intending on going to the garden city anime festival??? its a first time con, and it will need visitors, ^^ its in St. Catharines , heres the site , check it out ^^
www.gcaf.tk

Kayokou

New to this site. o.o

Post by Kayokou » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:17 am

Hello Rikku-Chan! ^^
I'am from Ontario, near the Owen sound area.
I've been cosplaying for almost 2 -3 years now. I've made 10 + costumes.
I attended Anime North 05 last year as Kagome Higurashi and did the same this year for AN - 06. I will be making it to CNAnime and a few more con's this summer coming up.

tiny_princess

Ahoy!!

Post by tiny_princess » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:17 am

ok so im from ontario too! im in toronto~etobicoke area and although ive planned on going to anime north and having a wicked costume for it for the past 2 years...i have not...although i am currently actually making a Yuna costume for CNAnime in september coming up and i dont care what anyone says im making the costume and i really will go!! lol.....
as for materials i bought mine at fabricland....and for the sewing part...well im still figuring that out...thats why i never made it to the other cons... :<
anyway i hope your able to make it out to CNAnime!! seeyou around the forum! ciao
-kay

Touya's Girl

hey

Post by Touya's Girl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:30 pm

Hey i am from Toronto too..i used to live in Etobicoke but i moved to North York last year. I have been to five cons and i have cosplayed at four of them. So far i have cosplayed as android 18, Misato(evangelian), Wolfwood(both male and female forms), Shikamaru, and for Anime North 2007 i plan on cosplaying as Aya Mikage from Ceres. Does anyone here have a cosplay costume in mind for next years AN?
To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

StreppyPoo

Post by StreppyPoo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:09 pm

I'm from Ontario as well! ^-^

For all my cosplay needs i tend to hit up Walmart, Rona, Fabricland, Micheals and the dollar store! XD

<333

luly_sugar

Post by luly_sugar » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:38 pm

when is anime north? :?:

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 pm

i'm an ontarian!! i live in sarnia ^_^

luly_sugar: anime north is on May 25, 26, 27 :D

Black Ace

Post by Black Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:55 pm

I'm just ur average guy (slightly, a yaoi fanboi) who lives in the city of Peterborough. And I shall be accompanied by some ppls to Anime North.

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 pm

oh really? who? what characters are you and your group planning to cosplay as (if cosplaying)? if you don't mind my asking ^_^
Once in a while,
Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
Love gives us a fairy tale.

Black Ace

Post by Black Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:11 pm

ChildOfAdvent wrote:oh really? who? what characters are you and your group planning to cosplay as (if cosplaying)? if you don't mind my asking ^_^
Not really, I lack a costume and I need to find an idea tonight (kinda freaking me out). I dunno what to go as and my gothic friend, Jenna, who has only seen 3 animes so far is going as Maleficent (not spelt right probably) after seeing me play KH2. My other friend is going as a character from Naruto, I believe.

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:27 pm

well i looked at the photos in one of your posts and i'm thinking something like Kadaj from FFVII: AC or Riku from KH2....possibly Zexion from KH: CoM? and yes you spelled it right =PP and for some reason Wolfwood from.....i can't remember the anime i THINK its Trigun would be a good one for you. just suggestions ^_^
Once in a while,

Black Ace

Post by Black Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:31 pm

ChildOfAdvent wrote:well i looked at the photos in one of your posts and i'm thinking something like Kadaj from FFVII: AC or Riku from KH2....possibly Zexion from KH: CoM? and yes you spelled it right =PP and for some reason Wolfwood from.....i can't remember the anime i THINK its Trigun would be a good one for you. just suggestions ^_^
I would have loved to go as Zexion, but I have no time for the costume, I've never sewn in my life. Riku would have been so great to go as with Jenna, but I fear I am f***ed there too...

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Well Riku seems like an easy enough costume....I'm planning to do a crossplay of him sooner or later ^_^

If you can find the right pieces of clothing you could just alter them or even get your friend Jenna to help you sew it if you need help.
Once in a while,

Black Ace

Post by Black Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:12 pm

ChildOfAdvent wrote:Well Riku seems like an easy enough costume....I'm planning to do a crossplay of him sooner or later ^_^

If you can find the right pieces of clothing you could just alter them or even get your friend Jenna to help you sew it if you need help.
It's decided, I am going as Riku, btw, come meet us on Friday of con!

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:21 pm

shite T_T i cant meet you on friday! i'm not getting there till saturday morning *sigh* =( and i'm not there sunday either....bad working hours for my ride >.>;; but if you are there on saturday and you dont mind switching costumes in the middle of the day or are there on saturday as well in the same costume (^_^;;;;) I will be as Tifa all saturday. I have some more KH2/FF cosplayers with me at AN though. we're only all together on saturday though....there's roughly 5 KH/FF in my group....something like that.

SO?! anymore ontarians in here??? (not changing the subject we just need more XDDD;;)
Once in a while,

Black Ace

Post by Black Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:24 pm

ChildOfAdvent wrote:shite T_T i cant meet you on friday! i'm not getting there till saturday morning *sigh* =( and i'm not there sunday either....bad working hours for my ride >.>;; but if you are there on saturday and you dont mind switching costumes in the middle of the day or are there on saturday as well in the same costume (^_^;;;;) I will be as Tifa all saturday. I have some more KH2/FF cosplayers with me at AN though. we're only all together on saturday though....there's roughly 5 KH/FF in my group....something like that.

We'll be there. Are you female, because it would be hilarious to have two Rikus of different genders.

SO?! anymore ontarians in here??? (not changing the subject we just need more XDDD;;)

duquetti

Post by duquetti » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:58 pm

-lifts hand-

Guilty of residing in Ontario. I'm near London.

Totally pumped for Anime North~!! Woop!

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:47 pm

YAY more Ontarians!! :D Glad to know this thread hasn't completely died. I was starting to think I was the only one left who actually checked back lol
Once in a while,

icyMOTHA

Post by icyMOTHA » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:55 am

*raises hand*
I'm from Sarnia. :3
Woo~
Next convention : Fan Expo 2008!

Cosplaying : Hatsune Miku / ??

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:06 pm

SO AM I! YAY! X3 I still feel like I'm the only one really active on this thread lol

C'MON PEOPLE!! lol
Once in a while,

icyMOTHA

Post by icyMOTHA » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:45 pm

Holy crap, another Sarnian. o___O;
I've never met anyone in Sarnia that cosplays. O:
This is exciting. 8D
Woo~
Next convention : Fan Expo 2008!

Cosplaying : Hatsune Miku / ??

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:01 pm

PM'ed you X3
Once in a while,

Kaijugal

Post by Kaijugal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 pm

<--------- From Ontario :)

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:02 pm

hehe! you live near a friend of mine then!! X3 awesome. yay for more Ontarians!!
Once in a while,

xOneWingedAngelx

Post by xOneWingedAngelx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:18 am

-Pokes- I'm STILL ALIVE!! Teehee. I was the one who actually started this thread....woah like three years ago.......I forgot the password for that account so I had to make a new one....but anywho.......I can't wait till AN 08 Wh00p! Well I reside in Hamilton.......I feel like I'm the only Hamiltonian on this site lol.........-pokes ChildOfAdvent- Waiting on Yunie! I gots my Tidus too! And a Light for Misa (Death Note)........................................yeah......Wow I can't believe this thread is still LIVE!!!!

-Tempest/Trsiel/Yunie/Yuffie/Misa-Misa...whichever you wanna call me lmfao

BossBot

Post by BossBot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 am

xOneWingedAngelx wrote:-Pokes- I'm STILL ALIVE!! Teehee. I was the one who actually started this thread....woah like three years ago.......I forgot the password for that account so I had to make a new one....but anywho.......I can't wait till AN 08 Wh00p! Well I reside in Hamilton.......I feel like I'm the only Hamiltonian on this site lol.........-pokes ChildOfAdvent- Waiting on Yunie! I gots my Tidus too! And a Light for Misa (Death Note)........................................yeah......Wow I can't believe this thread is still LIVE!!!!

-Tempest/Trsiel/Yunie/Yuffie/Misa-Misa...whichever you wanna call me lmfao

LOL *pokes xOneWingedAngelx* omg its YOU! XD yea i have to get through exams. I'm SO shocked at how busy i got D:

but I'm getting paid this week so im going out to once again scavenge for a top rate shirt for your Yunie shirt :3 and more white material...cuz i ran out TT_TT *cry*

of course it's still alive xDDD
Once in a while,

xOneWingedAngelx

Post by xOneWingedAngelx » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:17 am

*Grapes ChildOfAdvent* I <3 j00!!!! lol....Yeah, I am now making my friend go as GaaraXD She has teh perfect hair for it...not to mention she looks freaky alike XianghuaXD Teehee........ *Pats* There is much material out there!.....Yeah, I'll be with like 20 people, you wont miss itXD I'll be with a Ryuk, a Tifa, an L, A Reno and a few others lol......w00t! I started this thread like two and a hgalf years ago O.o.....woah......Yeah, I'm putting all my money I'm saving up for AN 08 in a hello kitty Pez lunch box I got from AN last yearXD It just seems so fitting.....Plus I'm dragging my friend Lex to AN as well....I'm gonna dress her up as a gothic lolita....just because shes goth already V.v...yeah, gotta get back to paying attention in class......-pokes again- We need to talk more......-thinks she is going to write another letter- Schwee!

-Grapes some more for luck in finding teh materials....-

naminefangirl

Post by naminefangirl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:43 pm

*waves to icyMOTHA* XD

I be her twin sister. And I'm from Sarnia, as well. :'D

BossBot

Re:

Post by BossBot » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:37 am

naminefangirl wrote:*waves to icyMOTHA* XD

I be her twin sister. And I'm from Sarnia, as well. :'D

wow that post is old!

LOL I KNOW BOTH OF YOU IN PERSON NOW. X3 Hi Angel, hi Ashley! <3 lol
Once in a while,

porcelainmarionette

Re: any one from ontario herre??

Post by porcelainmarionette » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:20 am

Hey, I'm from Ontario, for conventions in the area that are decent to go to check out: March Toronto Anime Convention (MTAC), December Toronto Anime Convention (DTAC), Fan Expo or CN Anime (Held end of August), Anime North (Everyone knows about this one though), and G-Con (Guelph Convention). Those are all of the ones I've been too that aren't too far from the Toronto area. Hope that helps.

Lovelock92

Re: any one from ontario herre??

Post by Lovelock92 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:55 am

Sup?

I'm Chrissy
Cosplaying Annie Leonhardt from Attack on Titan in a month. Just started. Crunch time.

What's going on? :)