ACParadise Hacked?

Having problems with the website? Can't submit your costumes? Start here!
PatrickD

ACParadise Hacked?

Post by PatrickD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

I didn't see this mentioned or reported anywhere, but ACParadise has been hacked.

I discovered this by going to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and entering my e-mail address. It searches hacked site records that have been posted to tell you if you've been hacked. I entered my e-mail and got just one result:
Acparadise.com_2016_55k_phpbb.csv

It has a link to a public copy of ACParadise's forum user database. (No idea how old it is, but from the filename I'd guess it's sometime in 2016.)

If you use the same password anywhere that you also use on ACParadise, change it! Change it on ACParadise's forums too...but that only prevents future logins there, not anywhere else you used that e-mail and password. (Different passwords everywhere! LastPass FTW!)

Admins, I hope you already knew about this and have patched phpBB so the security hole was fixed. You should probably notify people that they need to change their passwords. (I saw no such notification here.)
-PatrickD
Senior Editor, FanCons.com
View my convention history

PatrickD

Re: ACParadise Hacked?

Post by PatrickD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:24 pm

Just found the post about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14217

Seems kind of buried...and only shows up for people who log into the forums and go into the announcements forum. The post has only been read 216 times.
-PatrickD
Senior Editor, FanCons.com
View my convention history

Genjitsu
ACP Owner

Re: ACParadise Hacked?

Post by Genjitsu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:20 pm

We made the announcement on our social media forums, and as a preventative measure had reset everyone's passwords. And yes, the hole has been patched.