New to ACP, over 30 cosplayer pleased to make your aquiaintance!

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
AnomalousPulsar

New to ACP, over 30 cosplayer pleased to make your aquiaintance!

Post by AnomalousPulsar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:27 am

As the title says, I'm new here, though not new to cosplay. I've been doing it casually for over ten years, and more recently less-casually with contest entry being my goals.

Earlier this year I took the Novice Class at Sakuracon 2017 with my Inuyasha build.
inumiroku copy.jpg
My husband and I at Sakuracon 2017, I made both costumes and my sword.

Build progress for both (as well as more completed photos) are on my Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/anomalouspulsar/
inumiroku copy.jpg (98.79 KiB) Viewed 6625 times

I'm hoping for next year I will successfully enter the costume contest again, and even if I do not recreate my success- that I will have a similar amount of fun and enjoyment. Meeting the other contestants and making awesome friends through it all was such a stellar experience.

I made both costumes in the picture, as well as my Tessaiga. My husband chose not to enter the costume contest with me, because while his did look good on him, it was not easy (or possible) to get in and out of unaided. Therefore I consider it unfinished and still have work to do!

angelicamandy

Re: New to ACP, over 30 cosplayer pleased to make your aquiaintance!

Post by angelicamandy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:17 am

I'm a cosplayer who may have started out that same as you back when I first started I had to hand sew a lot of my costumes and so I didn't want to try anything too big before I got my sewing machine. Thankfully I was in the Home stuck fandom and, as it turns out, a lot of the characters in the webcomic are very easy to make