Ocarina of Time Cosplay

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
ERROR

Ocarina of Time Cosplay

Post by ERROR » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:57 pm

Hello everybody,

I already have my cosplay idea, and I've already made a fair bit of progress:

I want to cosplay as the Ocarina of Time. That is to say, the musical instrument itself; if the instrument were anthropomorphized into a knight-like character. I realize motif will be super important to convey the idea, so I'm integrating the blue/silver color scheme, Ocarina shaped shoulder pads, arm bracers & shin guards based of the ocarina's mouthpiece, a spear with the Hylian crest and dangling musical staff scarf, and a small cape with the same music staff motif. I'm also thinking about giving the apron a N64 buttons design, but I'm not 100% sure yet. And of course I will be carrying around my own ocarina and playing it or not, depending on Con policy.

Design sketches: https://imgur.com/a/rM1h6Wa

My main concern is, though, that the idea is kind of abstract and people won't get it. Do you think people will understand what I'm trying to cosplay as?

Have you seen an idea like this before? Are there any references out there of somebody cosplaying as an item from a game, rather than a character?

josephlangley

Re: Ocarina of Time Cosplay

Post by josephlangley » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:31 pm

Your idea is so great. I saw your sketch and it is awesome