Fellow Sailor Moon Cosplayers...

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Kimiski

Fellow Sailor Moon Cosplayers...

Post by Kimiski » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Okay.. first my problem was figuring out the hair... to dye or not to dye?
But for my birthday I got a pretty dang good wig that already came in pigtails that is the perfect length. Now the question is how do I make the Odango's or buns without taking away from the length?

My sister was thinking about doing something with my other wig that i got ripped off online for.

And also what should I do about the moon on Serenity's forehead.. paint would smear off and a jewl would fall off. I need a soulution that will last for a three day convention.

Oh and one more thing...anyone know what to do about a bra?? Since the dress is backless.. but its also strapless.... so uh.. thats a big problem.. and i cant go without one... :oops:

Shiranui

Post by Shiranui » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:52 am

For the moon you could try these bindis (body jewels), thjey are available in many shapes.

For the odangos...I've read tutorials on how to do these out of fabric so it looks like the hair has been wrapped in them, but I guess that's not helpful...

And I found a german tutorial on how to sew the cups of a bra into a dress without back...but they tell you to use the straps. But I think you could simply use one of those strapless bras and follow the tutorial. If you want it, I could translate it for you.

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:06 pm

For the bra, you could also just buy one with clear straps. Unless you are going for total accuracy and that is just out of the question XD

Yeah, for the moon on the head, maybe even at a dollar store you could find those little body jewels. I remember I bought some in star and heart shapes cause they looked cool. They mighth ave moons.

Maybe you could even just kind of make one yourself and use double sided tape to keep it on XD

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:06 pm

For the odangos, is it possible to take part of the pig tail and then wrap the odango around the remaining pigtail?? That is how I would do it, I have made one sailor moon wig before. As for the moon on the forhead, have you tried to use eylash glue to keep it on, that has worked for me in the past. you will have to re-apply it everyday but it is best help I cna offer.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

Rika Nakamura

Post by Rika Nakamura » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:54 pm

Spirit gum for the forehead jewel.

For the bra, you could buy these;
bra 1

Bra2

Kimiski

Post by Kimiski » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:07 am

Shiranui wrote:For the moon you could try these bindis (body jewels), thjey are available in many shapes.

For the odangos...I've read tutorials on how to do these out of fabric so it looks like the hair has been wrapped in them, but I guess that's not helpful...

And I found a german tutorial on how to sew the cups of a bra into a dress without back...but they tell you to use the straps. But I think you could simply use one of those strapless bras and follow the tutorial. If you want it, I could translate it for you.
Oh cool. Would you mind?

Miss Citrus

Post by Miss Citrus » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 pm

For my Sailor V costume, I cut the cresent shape out of some some yellow satin (which I already had for other parts of the costume) and covered both sides with clear packaging tape (cutting it to the same shape as well). I then spirit-gummed it to my forehead, and it lasted all day and looked great! :3 Check out my profile to see how it turned out.

Hope that helps. ^^ (And haven't I seen you on the Kumoricon Forums?)