Help sewing silk designs for Taako from TAZ

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
jerkwithaplan

Help sewing silk designs for Taako from TAZ

Post by jerkwithaplan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:03 am

I’ve been doing minor cosplaysfor years now with a few bigger sewing projects here and there but I have about 3-4 months before my next con and I want to do something big for it.
I decided to go with Taako Taaco from The Adventure Zone and I’m using coffeepotcat’s fancy af design. I already have all of my fabric picked out (not bought yet just in case) and for the purple skirt I was thinking about doing a purple silk with blue polyester underneath and then making the decorations with gold silk and jewels (I’m not sewing all those tiny circles no way). My big concern is just making them clean, specifically the gold band that wraps all the way around the bottom of the skirt. I was debating cutting out long strip(s) of the gold silk then folding in the edges to get a clean crease and consistent width but that seems unnecessarily complicated.
Anyone have any tips???
Thanks!
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/the ... 0502180322

deugrpe

Re: Help sewing silk designs for Taako from TAZ

Post by deugrpe » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:42 am

Nice work. I like the stick detail. It was exactly like in myslope imagination. What software did you draw it with?