Tali Zorah Cosplay Tips/Help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Doldrum_31

Tali Zorah Cosplay Tips/Help

Post by Doldrum_31 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 am

Hey everyone!
So I'm going to Chicago wizard world this fall and decided to go as Tali Zorah from the Mass Effect games. (I attached some photos for those of you who don't know her)
She has a tone of parts. I'm confident with building and sewing them. But since she has a full body suit with so many pieces wrapped around it does anyone have any suggestions of how to shove myself into it? haha. Perhaps just put the underlying body suit on first and then the wrap on?
With that being said... the purple wrap goes around the thighs and is secured there somehow. I was thinking of snaps because in the past I've had bad luck with velcro (between my legs haha because i'll be walking for some time)
I've already got some of the armor built but usually I've had costumes where the character shows straps or belts keeping the armor in place, but in Tali's case it's just placed on the arm in a few places. I'm worried about hot glue (I've had experiences with it getting brittle and found a vendor who saved me with some tape haha) and again... bad velcro experiences.... but if you swear by it for armor I'm willing to give it a shot and just pack some emergency extras in her Batman-like utility belt.
Final thing! I have the body suit all sewn! However it has a hexagon like pattern all over it that I need to paint onto it. Does anyone have some awesome tips for painting a seamless pattern onto fabric?
Any tips or tricks on any of these would be great! Thanks!!!

-Kelly
Attachments
Kotobukiya Bishoujo Statue - ME3 Tali'Zorah 0001.jpg
Tali front 01
Kotobukiya Bishoujo Statue - ME3 Tali'Zorah 0001.jpg (51.51 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
209473_s0.jpg
Tali front 02
209473_s0.jpg (45.67 KiB) Viewed 4738 times