Really need help/advice

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
starlitray

Really need help/advice

Post by starlitray » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Ok so I'm looking to cosplay Yukikaze Panettone from Dog Days but I can't find any that are a bit cheaper so I came to the conclusion it would be cheaper to make it so here's where I run into trouble I have no idea where I could find a pattern that matches her outfit can anyone help me here?

AnomalousPulsar

Re: Really need help/advice

Post by AnomalousPulsar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 am

Like many anime costume designs, this is probably one that you would have to heavily modify a pattern, or draft one yourself. The fabric portion does not look terribly complicated- it looks like a simplified kimono without sleeves or okumi and a thin trim/bias tape.

What I would do is use a guide for making a simple kimono- like a yukata. Read it, and then take the ideas and modify them to make your costume. for my Inuyasha build, this is one of the many sources I used to understand the fundamentals: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~weyrbrat/Japan/yukata/

I did not use the pattern or methods, but it helped me to wrap my head around the concepts. For the different colors on the costume there are several ways you could approach that. Applique or fabric paints are two that come to mind.

starlitray

Post by starlitray » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much! I started reading this and I can already tell it's going to help!

mozarito

Post by mozarito » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:52 pm

awsome it helped me to thx

sildenafil