Yun from Street Fighter III help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Purple Flames

Yun from Street Fighter III help

Post by Purple Flames » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:05 pm

Hello all. For Katsucon I plan on doing Yun from Street Fighter III. Here's a reference picture: http://membres.lycos.fr/archyland/f/sf3/yun.jpg

Before I can get started I need your suggestions for a few things:

1) What material would be good for his shirt? I already decided on cotton for the pants, but for the shirt I was thinking of using either satin or silk.

2) I decided that I wanted to use different colors for the upper portions of the outfit. For example, instead of white, I want the shirt to be purple. Now this is where the tough part comes in. Notice that the trim and buttons on the shirt match the top of the hat and the brim of the hat and gloves also match. Could anyone suggest some colors that would compliment each other?

3) What material could I use to make the gloves? I was thinking cotton, but if anyone else has better idea I'm open to suggestion.

Any help is appreciated.

Dark_Tiger

Re: Yun from Street Fighter III help

Post by Dark_Tiger » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:28 pm

Purple Flames wrote:Hello all. For Katsucon I plan on doing Yun from Street Fighter III. Here's a reference picture: http://membres.lycos.fr/archyland/f/sf3/yun.jpg

Before I can get started I need your suggestions for a few things:

1) What material would be good for his shirt? I already decided on cotton for the pants, but for the shirt I was thinking of using either satin or silk.
Yah, satin would probably work best. Use the good stuff though, the cheap satin frays if you look at it wrong.
2) I decided that I wanted to use different colors for the upper portions of the outfit. For example, instead of white, I want the shirt to be purple. Now this is where the tough part comes in. Notice that the trim and buttons on the shirt match the top of the hat and the brim of the hat and gloves also match. Could anyone suggest some colors that would compliment each other?
I don't know for sure. If it were me, I'd first look at hats, they're easy enough to buy so I wouldn't want to make one, and base it off what colors I could find in the hat.

EDIT: My shirt/hat place started carrying white cotton hats, so you could dye them anyway you'd want. Nevermind
3) What material could I use to make the gloves? I was thinking cotton, but if anyone else has better idea I'm open to suggestion.
4-way stretch swimsuit spandex. That worked well for Tia when she was making gloves.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki

Purple Flames

Post by Purple Flames » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:56 pm

Cool. Thanks for the tips.