Make-up help.

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Sesuri

Make-up help.

Post by Sesuri » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:14 am

Hi, I am going to be Mana for halloween, but I don't know what kind of make-up to use. I want something that won't come off when I don't want it to. like maybe a powder thats sort of light and sort of heavy? have any ideas? mail me please.

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:26 am

Which Mana, exactly? ^^ Google didn't really help me filter out all the Mana's.

Tia

Post by Tia » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:01 am

I don't know if you have time to get everything, but here is my method. I use a regular base foundation (I use Ben Nye's cake foundation in my natural color, or a tiny bit lighter). Then I cover that with a few coats of white aqua paint. Then I take this white powder I got from amphigory.com and do a few coats. I dunno if you'd be able to do this by Halloween, but I think the foundation/powder method works best to get the glowy look. You could also check cosplay.com They have a ton of good threads on visual kei makeup.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

HyperrrMouse

Post by HyperrrMouse » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:00 pm

Also, if you're anywhere near a Hot Topic their "Morbid Make-up" white cake powder covers VERY well, better than theatre versions of white face stuff. It stay pretty well too, i recomend more than one layer.
Spookshow Baby

Tia

Post by Tia » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I like their powder stuff. Just don't use their lipstick/liners. They come out grey. =/
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.