Warning: online cosplay store using stolen pics

You wanted it, you got it! General posts and chatting can go here, but keep it friendly...
Gale

Warning: online cosplay store using stolen pics

Post by Gale » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:25 pm

A friend recently alerted me to this Chinese online store using stolen photos to advertise their merchandise. Here's what she had to say about it:
A fellow cosplay.com member and Sailor Jupiter cosplayer was kind enough to alert me that this Chinese costume seller was using my ChibiMoon costume to sell their stuff, after removing my watermark from the photo. They linked it to my coscom account, as if that made it ok. [...]

I e-mailed their costume company and they took the photo down in about 20 minutes. However, every photo on there is obviously fraudulent; if you see someone you know please give them a head's up to go to the costume site, send the link of the pic and demand to have it taken down! The website is http://www.sailormoon-cosplay.com, which is a "blog" and directs to the ordering site, http://www.miccostumes.com/ I tried to leave a comment on my costume warning people not to order based off the pictures, but the comments are moderated and I doubt they'll let it post.
This is a warning to potential buyers as well as to cosplayers whose images may have been stolen. Please tell your friends and if you find your image on this site email them to take it down!

waynekaa
ACP Owner

Re: Warning: online cosplay store using stolen pics

Post by waynekaa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks for posting that up! How shady of them.
Wayne of AGSMA
PSOC
AGSMA
ACParadise

Neko~Kaolla

Re: Warning: online cosplay store using stolen pics

Post by Neko~Kaolla » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm

The costumes they sell look NOTHING like the stolen photos... do they think buyers are that stupid? o.O

I like how they're calling an original version of Sailor Uranus (done by a former cosplayer I have on my favorites here) "Sera Myu Mercury."

Why do people think that they can get away with things like this?
"When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother 'cause it's already screwed."
Cosplayer since 2002.