Alabama cosplay meetup?

(Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc)
kiki_bunny23

Alabama cosplay meetup?

Post by kiki_bunny23 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:34 am

I was just wonderin if anyone from Alabama wanted to meet up at some time and cosplay. I don't know a lot of people in Alabama that like cosplay and anime [only about 20 or so] and plus, it's a fun and amusing way to publicly embarrass yourself [haha, just kiddin]
But seriously....if I could get my costume done, we could meet up at like BAM or something...pretty sure it can't be my house cus, well, its a mess and my siblings would annoy everyone greatly. So yea....just a thought though.

Also...how many convetions are in Alabama? I know of only 2 or 3 [persacon, crisiscon, and forgot the name of the other] and I was wonderin if there were any others.
~*The enemy of my enemy is my friend*~

Radical Dreamer

Post by Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Ah, yes, Alabama.

I am in Tennessee, but I'd love to make a day trip to Alabama for a small group cosplay hangout thing. No convention needed.

I'd love to day trip it to maybe Huntsville or thereabouts just to hang out at one of the malls or something...have people wonder what kind of drugs these strange people are on...

Just randomosity stuff. Count me in.

Nova

Post by Nova » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 pm

I'd totally be there if it's close by. I live in central Alabama (south of Birmingham)

As for AL cons. We have two Persa and Crisis. We used to have East Meets South but as far as my sources go they say that there will be no EMS this year. ;-; sad.

kiki_bunny23

Post by kiki_bunny23 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:10 am

Aw, that stinks....but it's cool that people actually wanna meet up haha.

I just might have trouble convincin my mom to drive me somewhere and gettin laura to come.

I was thinking like the mall or something, I just wanna see the looks on peoples faces. It's like, bring a video camera and ask random people if they know what we're doin.
~*The enemy of my enemy is my friend*~

Radical Dreamer

Re: Alabama cosplay meetup?

Post by Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 pm

No, the best part is to stage a fight...between Naruto and a teletubie. >.<

kiki_bunny23

Post by kiki_bunny23 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:No, the best part is to stage a fight...between Naruto and a teletubie. >.<
Oh totally haha. Doubt anyone would wanna dress up as a teletubie XD

Radical Dreamer

Post by Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:41 pm

kiki_bunny23 wrote:
Radical Dreamer wrote:No, the best part is to stage a fight...between Naruto and a teletubie. >.<
Oh totally haha. Doubt anyone would wanna dress up as a teletubie XD
Ok...Naruto vs. Nabeshin.

I'll totally Nabehameha some Naruto butt.
^.^

FatherG

Post by FatherG » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Hello. I am new to the site and the first thread I stumble on. Lol. My home state. I live near Birmingham, Al. I love cosplaying, but I am just getting to really start getting into it. I've tried multiple times to get friends and other people to get together and meet, easier said than done. But I would be totally up for it.

And the only things I knew of in Alabama close to a convention are Anime Alabama and Kami Con.

KiroriShimizu

Post by KiroriShimizu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:40 pm

It would be nice to meet up with you, im the only one in alabama that i know of that cosplays besides my cousin, and brother, plus im almost done with my outfit, if you wanna meet up with me it'll be nice, cause i really have no friends or anyone to talk to