Fuu costume help!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Andichan

Fuu costume help!

Post by Andichan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 pm

ok, so I want to make Fuu's final armor outfit from Magic Knights Rayearth. I am making the top and skirt as one whole dress, and the gold waist part as a separate piece, but I am not sure how to attach the white collar/chest part to the rest of the costume. What I am wondering is, would it turn out better if I made the collar/white part as a separate piece that attaches to the dress? Or should I sew it into the dress. I really would prefer sewing it into the dress, but I am not sure how to do that and have it turn out well.

Any help is greatly appreciated~!
p.s. just F.Y.I. for those who have not seen this show, Fuu is the green one. ^.^

kawaiipunkd

Post by kawaiipunkd » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:45 pm

from what I can see, it looks like a chinese shirt, so I'd suggest just getting the pattern for that part, and actually sewing the entire top, minus the sleeves, then sew the dress onto that, that way you have the top underneath as a failsafe and a basic form for where to conform the dress to. it also looks like it has piping along the collar, which is easy to find at any Joann fabrics or Michaels craft store, the only thing to keep in mind is you'd need to sew it in between the two layers of the collar, so it looks accurate.