Costumes Clothing and More. Fashion Show Soon.

Looking to sell a costume or prop? Look no further!
Misstress Testament

Costumes Clothing and More. Fashion Show Soon.

Post by Misstress Testament » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:43 am

I will be attending a holiday boutique where I will be selling Yarn, Knitted things and Roving!

Saturday November 15, 2008. 9am -2pm
1650 Old Badillo St, Covina CA 91724
626-251-2235 for more info.
This is being held at the Masonic Homes of Covina and I will probably have an inside spot where I will have more info on my Fashion Show! (Hopefully to be held November 22 from 6-10 pm at Cal Poly Pomona)

Self taught seamstress with four years of costuming experience. All of my work in clothing quality and can be worn in everyday, to the clubs, be the hit of parties in something beautiful and original. I take pride in my quality and your happiness is my priority. Let me make you look fabulous! :)

Costume for SALE:
Image Image
Naruto based Ninja Girl. Short kimono, Lavendar rope tie, Camisole, shorts, and bracers. Fits Medium to Extra Large. Wool/poly blend.
$140 with shipping in the US
Feel free to contact me and we can talk about what you need. Some of my work.
Image Mana inspired Trench
Image A Wa Loli inspired dress, worn for a wedding.

ImageImage Bleach "16th Captain"

ImageFront.

Image Iroha inspired from Samurai Shodown. I created an obi with a pocket and the long lined bra that defies gravity.

Image Kanzashi

Image Bridget from Guilty Gear

Some premade kimonos /costumes ready for sale, inquire within. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com for a larger body of my work.
Last edited by Misstress Testament on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:53 am, edited 31 times in total.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:27 am

Ok so here's a Costume Price List

Bleach Captains $175 and up. includes
Coat with hand painted emblem
Hakama
Gi top
Belts
Juban

Without coat (like vice captains) $125-$150.
Ichigo (no symbols or extra belts) $110

Kikyo style hunter gi top $75 w/o ribbon

Light wool trenches with lining start at $200
Hoodies $75

For other types of costumes please ask for quotes.

I will update the price listing as I make more costumes. I do take paypal and require a small deposit for costumes. I ship via UPS and I will ship internationally.
Last edited by Misstress Testament on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:35 am

Please also feel free to ask questions. I don't mind disscussing costuming here, who knows you might ask the question that everyoe need answered.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 am

Any questions on shipping? Other projects I'm doing or will do?

wiccaryan

Post by wiccaryan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:29 am

Hey, i was just wondering if you could make an Evil Willow costume from Buffy the vampire slayer?

You know in season 6 when Willow goes all badass? I just want to see if you could do that and how much it would cost etc.

Thanks.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 pm

hmm having trouble finding a clear picture. Were you just talking about the jacket? or jacket and pants. Looks like a velveteen or dusky wool, cosak styled. For a good wool about 20 peryard... If you could find a couple of clear pics of what you would like I could give you a better idea.

wiccaryan

Post by wiccaryan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 am

Yeah i want both the jacket and the pants but NOT the top underneath.
Here is a site i found with alot of pictures (screencaps) from Buffy with evil wilow in them, unfortunately that site doesn't allow use of the IMG thingy, so i will have to post the link and hope you will go through the pictures:

http://www.screencap-paradise.com/caps/ ... 126&page=5

http://www.screencap-paradise.com/caps/ ... 126&page=6

Daiyanissa

Post by Daiyanissa » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:31 am

How much for a plus size dark chii costume? (sz 22)
Only a tiny minute, but eternity is in it..

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

That will run at least couple hundred. Her classic dark or the Red and black? And were you thinking of a posable(wired) costume or regular?

RiceBall23

Post by RiceBall23 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Do you have a direct link to your work?

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Why yes I do. If you check out my Profile I have a link to deviantart.com I am Racheldesade.

The pics on my profile are all my work including the man standing next to me, (the trench he is wearing :P)also if you check my sandbox there are more pics. On diviant art there are pics for mywork for other people as well, though I have foggoten to sometimes take pics before I sent things out :oops:

Hope that helps.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:07 pm

New pictures added to the first post

RiceBall23

Post by RiceBall23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm

How much would you charge for this costume:

And hopefully with parasol??

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:41 pm

I am guessing there is more than just a jacket. Another refence picture would help but I want to say jacket, shirt Overskirt petticoats. depending on the materials starts at $200 probably a bit more than that. Like I said more reference pictures would help.

I would have to look into parasols. I might not be able to make it from scratch but I may be able to find one dress it up and paint it.

RiceBall23

Post by RiceBall23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm

Unfortunately that's the only pic I can find of that costume.

Here's another one I would like a quote for -

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/ ... sakura.jpg

In a plus sized women's 26, for someone whom is 5' 9 1/2" tall.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Again I want to say about the same I don't do jewlery so maybe a little less. I atually have patterns for the middle eastern style clothing (which makes my job easier) I would just need to talk about materials, more pics (or if I get some free range) find colors, lol you know, details. I will have to say they are both intriguing.

RiceBall23

Post by RiceBall23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:10 pm

I dont mind if you dont make the jewelry cause I can make that part, I just dont have the time to make the costume itself with all the detail work involved.

Pics are easy to find, cause its a popular series, but I dont want the shirt as short as it normally is, I want it the length of a normal shirt, if that makes sense. And Im wanting lighter material, cotton is fine, and cheaper too. But I would like the sash that she has though, you wouldnt have to add any of the bangles if you aren't sure you can do that, I dont mind doing that part. That would be easy for me.
Last edited by RiceBall23 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:12 pm

well what time frame would you need this in? I'm woking a few other commissions but I don't see them taking too long to complete.

RiceBall23

Post by RiceBall23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:16 pm

I sent you a PM.

dallas-kun

Post by dallas-kun » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 am

Pictures updated again. Coming soon Kikyo's top from Inuyasha, Ichigo Ffrom Bleach with red chain. 2 more chians available.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 am

Dalas-kun could I get a few more pics? and would you be needing just the top? or more.

Jasdero

Post by Jasdero » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 pm

btw that picture does not do the jacket justice. here is a pic of me and my boy wearing it ^^
Check out my site...
http://www.freewebs.com/comcos
Gaijin USA FEED THE ADDICTION!
For your anime needs!
http://www.gaijinusa.com

Jasdero

Post by Jasdero » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:38 pm

and please exscue my wonky eye it would not get rid of the red eye T-T
Check out my site...
For your anime needs!

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:35 pm

Wow OMG that looks so awesome . I mean I know I made it but actually seeing it on and looking so good make me have a real sense of pride.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:13 am

Just a little reminder for deadlines coming up; and I now have two red sword holder chains a la Ichigo from Bleach. Only $15 plus shipping.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Problem resolved

dallas-kun

Post by dallas-kun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:36 am

hi there, can i have a quote for this
http://vggtsworld.ta-host.com/pictures/ ... /Misty.jpg

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am

I sent you a pm.

I'm doing a clear out of my closet so I will have some clothing, manga and action figures to sell. This may also include the Chobits inspired black and red costume featured on costumes section.(still deciding)

Jasdero

Post by Jasdero » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

cool just post it i would look to take a look at some of your stuff
Check out my site...
For your anime needs!

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Updated, new pics at the front, check in from time to time things may change.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Sigh* it looks like I will have a Shinigami outfit for sale. It's Ichigo style and I have it listed in my costume section. 140(inclueds shipping most anywhere in the US) for the outfit plus red sword chain, 125 without chain.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm back and taking commissions. Feel free to ask me questions, ask for quotes, see what's going on. Get in early as I am doing a lot in the next couple of months. :D

dallas-kun

Post by dallas-kun » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 am

Hi mistress, I found someone for misty. But i was looking for a rodo camelot from d.gray man. I can't find any refs though ;__; only other cosplayers. Would you accept those pictures?

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 am

yes

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:55 pm

I was wondering if you could give me a quote for this?

Image ???

That is if its something you would be able to do. If possible id like to have all of it done boots, pants, Jacket, jacket skirt part, scarf, gauntlets, face mask, head band, just all of it pretty much. If i can get some more pictures i will show you. Any idea on what it might cost if you can do it??? Thanks

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Well let's talk material and pictures first, like I always say the more exspensive you want the fabric the more it can cost. More pictures would be great as I love Detail and that helps me with what kind of materials to use. I think I should beable to do most of that with the possible exclusion of the boot (though I am studying spats at the moment).

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 am

What woudl yuo reccomend??? My preference would be something somewhat heavy for the jacket but preferably actual fabric and not any kind of leather, something warm pants wise but still comfortable, the scarf attachment thing i was thinking i smoothish material, and most likely a very soft of silky material for the headband and face mask.any reccomendations?? Also im working on pictures.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 am

Well lets see, I'm thinking a A wool poly blend for the jacket it will be nice and light, a little bit of leather for the accent belting Cotton twill or linen for the pants and linen or cotton for the scarf and and really fine cotton got the facemask. (I want to do linens to keep you cool ish because the long black coat will keep you warmer. if you are at a warm climate.... welll too much heat can just make you uncomfortable.) I might be able to find a bit or real leather to do the strapping, it would be a nice accent.

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:41 am

That sounds awsome too me! The idea of real leather for the accents sounds really nice but if it would raise the price alot what you suggested earlier would be fine. Also could you make me a plain shirt out of the same material the scarf attachment will be made out of??? If you look between the end of the ajcket top and the beginning of the bottom there appears to be some shirt coming out so if its the same color and material it would be great! What else would you need to know???

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Ok I have been studying the picture the best I can and it look like this is the break down.

Sleeveless long trench with piping
Black shirt underneath
Tan/beige pants
Dried blood scarf and matching belt
wine bandana, face mask and gloves

Adding a little real leather wouldn't change the cost and they are just small pieces instead of Full Hides.

And yeah at this point more pictures would really help, I'm a very visual construction kind of person. When would you be needing this by?

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Ok im still looking but i managed to find three more pictures:

Image (I know its kinda different)

Image (I know its kinda different)

As for what you said thank you for pointing out that it was a belt and not a shirt i didnt realize until i saw the pic with the belt above. Ok so lets see:

1. Is the trench really sleevless???
2. Can you also make the gauntlets he is wearing on his hands, and the pouch on his waist shown in the pic with the belt above?
3. If this isnt what pipping is, will you be able to put all the belt-ish things and buckles on the colar and bottom of coat????
4. Can you also make the small wrap thing on his upper left arm
5. On the fingerless gloves what will they be made out of? Is it possible to have a smoth softish material but have them be durable at the same time?? Id rather prefer them not to be wool haha

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for all your patience!!! Your very helpful!
:D

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Yeah I've noticed his costume changes a bit every time but I can do a draw up of what needs to be done. His Trench is not so much sleeveless as Cap sleeved (short sleeves that just overhang the shoulder, nitice that sudden dip inward?) And the shirt is nice and dark so it almost blends together.

I think I can make those gauntlets the Pouch I should be able to make though look around a bit you may be able to find one.

Piping just creates the puffed vertical lines, I can toatlly do the belt loops, I have a grt pattern for the trench and I can modify the collar to stand up like that (yay heavy interfacing!)

The upper wrap in easy it's a leather thong and those are Very inexspinsive.

Gloves I wil look for a strechy fabric so it will sit close and be comfortable.
and I put tripple stiches plus edging on everything to make them hold up much better.

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:21 pm

OMG! Thanks thats perfect! I cant think of anything else aside from wanting to nkow if the jacket will be heavier material then the shirt??? Im guessing it will be and feel stupid for asking but just making sure. Oh and clarification wise since the pictures keep changing i was refering to the gauntlets in the first picture i gave you with the dark ones. Also What will the face masks be made of? Cause it doesnt look just like a bandana because it actually forms to the face (lips, nose, etc.....) i was just wondering what you would use??? Aswell could i have like 2 extra face masks in the wine color and one in black (for a daily basis haha)??? Sooooo what would be your lowest quote for all of this???? Thank you thank you thank you!

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Shirt will probably be made lighter weight so you don't die but I will know better when I find material. I still think I cando the black guantlets I'll just need to use some fluff to bulk them up a little (or interfacing) Mask will be the same as the gloves (probably) so the look the same, easy to do a little air brushing yourself to highlight lips and nose. I want to say the lowest would be about 350(not including shipping) with all the goodies and accents (I'm even going to attempt spats) When is this coustume going to be needed by? and where would I need to ship it to?

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:31 pm

What are spats? The word sounds familiar but i cant place it???? Anytime between now and August. Preferably by mid July if possible. I think it really depends on how fast i can get the money. I am absolutly serious about this and am willing to pay every penny i just dont know if i can do it all up front seeing as it will take me forever. Is there anyway i can make payments to you while your working on it???? shipping would be to brevard NC 28712. Also is it possible to just send you cash in the mail??? Please this is by far the easiest for me. I do not know f you would agree to this but im pretty sure the best i could do would be $50.00 a week andmaybe $70.00 some weeks????
You can call me what you want,
You can name me what you want,
You can degrade me any way you want,
But one thing will always stay the same.........
You will never change who i am!

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

I usually do paypal or check (cash is a bad thing to send through the mail if you know someone with paypal that would be good.) Timing is great and Spats are shoe covers.

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:01 pm

I can try to get a paypal. Iv sent cash via mail on many occasions several of which have even been over seas. Is their any way it could work???? Also what is the least i can give you for a down payment so you can start and then have me make weekly payments???

Oh one other thing i have a fiar amount of handmade jewelry (nothing cosplay related by the way) and i was wondering if you knew of any internet sights where i could sell it (aside from ebay), its good quality sterling silver, and gold mostly wire wrappings, and ideas???? It would be greatly appriciated i have no clue where to go about selling it

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Craig's list. good place to sell a lot of things.

-theoverseer-

Post by -theoverseer- » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 am

Wheres that?