I need help for a Costume

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
lordsephiroth

I need help for a Costume

Post by lordsephiroth » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello, I'm a newbie here, I've been to two Anime Cons but i never had a costume because i don't have money and i can't find fabric (or i ran out of ideas)

But this year, im going with my friends, so I have to get a costume. We were all thinking final fantasy (7+) and I don't know what to be.

I have medium-brown skin, but i don't mind being any character as long as they're not purposefully insanely pale. I have all the money i need, i just need a character

My friend said I look like Lulu, but i don't know who else I could be.

I'm 5'6" 120 lbs, athletic-normal build, and I don't like wearing sleeveless (it just bothers me, don't know why). I have a collection of swords and all that stuff and i wondered if i could be someone who has a weapon and can run around.

Somebody have suggestions? :)

P.S. I'm a girl, don't be illusioned by my username, Sephiroth is just bad-ass hotness lol

Peaceful Revolution

Post by Peaceful Revolution » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:16 pm

What is the color and length of your hair?
American by birth, but Southern by the Grace of God!

Jasdero

Post by Jasdero » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:34 am

Well if she thinks you look like Lulu then go for it...btw at con's you can not have any real weapons..other than the ones you buy in the dealers room T-T which sux btw.....
but what about Paine she is pretty bad ass. xD
so is..uh...WHAT AOBUT A TURK XD..or Kadaj ye is AWESOME if you don't mind crossplaying
Check out my site...
http://www.freewebs.com/comcos
Gaijin USA FEED THE ADDICTION!
For your anime needs!
http://www.gaijinusa.com

lordsephiroth

Post by lordsephiroth » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 pm

I have reddish brownish hair but it's streaked and falls just below my shoulders

ahhhh i hate Kadaj he creeps me out lol (ALL HAIL LORD SEPHIROTH)
Paine...i checked what she looks like, i guess i can pull it off if i could find the wig and the sword...

do you have to make the costume or can you ask someone to sew it for you.
my mom has an awesome chinese tailoring friend and he's made dozens of costumes.
So is it possible?

And where can you find the wig?

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:44 pm

It's better if you know more sewing techs.. but go for the asking mom's friend. Paine did actually have a outfit for one of her costumes in the classes.

So not even Yoz? Since you said Kadaj creeps you out...How about Reno or Rufus.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

RyukoKahuma

Post by RyukoKahuma » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 pm

the only time that you can't have someone else make your costume is when you are entering in any masquerade/cosplay contest. sometimes the con may make an exception, but you still wouldn't be able to win a workmanship award for your costume