Male Ouran Uniform - Need help on constructing jacket

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
VocalCannibal

Male Ouran Uniform - Need help on constructing jacket

Post by VocalCannibal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Okay, I must admit, I lack the sewing skills to make...
anything.

But, there is no need to baby talk me though this because my mom is helping me make this costume. She is literate in sewing speak.
As far as I know anyway...
(I love her. D; )

I was looking for the uniform on eBay, (I know I should make my own, be quiet! D; ) but all the ones I could find were medium or extra large.
My mom looked at the measurements and told be there's no way they'd fit me. Ever.

(I'm 5'0" and I weight 95 pounds. I'm a small no matter how you look at it.)

So we need to make our own.

Just the jacket for the Male Ouran Academy uniform.
I can easily buy the pants and the patch.

Any tips?

kalajessta

Post by kalajessta » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Best way to make one:

Find a pattern in your local fabric store that is similar to the Ouran jacket. Patterns are easily modify-able to your size, but it does take practice to get the right size down at first. Also, remember that the Ouran jacket has a tail and many patterns do not include them. They're simple in fact. Just cut the back up to make one.

Hope this helps.

Technopoptart

Post by Technopoptart » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:08 am

indeed, check simplicity. they do have a few patterns of male suit jackets. the sizes arent really as scary as many may think. the the key is take your chest waist and hip measurements then compare them to the size chart on the back. DO NOT try to just buy the size you wear out in town. thats what messes people up.

if you dont see a pattern you like in simplicity...Burda has a lot more and a wider variety of males suits and jackets .

Nova

Post by Nova » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Agreed with the people above. Find a pattern for a coat and do what you need to so that you can alter it. But most suit tops like that look alike anyway.

VocalCannibal

Post by VocalCannibal » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Ahh, thank you SO much everyone. :3

This certainly helps.