:?: final fantasy costume help needed :?:

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Saki Hanajima

:?: final fantasy costume help needed :?:

Post by Saki Hanajima » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:17 pm

okay basically my friend lana, my cousin John and i are going to cosplay as
John- Cloud
Lana- Payne white mage
Me- Rikku White mage

I need to know how to do the metal parts on clouds costume and how to make the staffs / where to buy them please help i f you do i'll give you a cookie :D

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Tue May 09, 2006 6:53 am

do like I did for my cloud plushie,sculpt out the wolf head^_^ of course,your's will be easier since it's not the size of the tip of your thumb:)

shaowebb

Post by shaowebb » Tue May 30, 2006 9:16 am

For the arm piece(im assuming game cloud and his shoulder pad) I know how to make a functional piece of armor.

Youll need
a ball $1
fiberweave $5
fiberglass resin $16
vinyl spackle $2
sand paper $2
foam brushes $ .50
hot glue (its hot glue!)
some large bolts and springs $5
chrome paint $1.69

Fiberweave and fiberglass resin are found at lowes and home depot near paint in the adhesives section. There used for patching bathtubs.
Heres how you use them. Take the weave (its like a pabric only its woven fiberglass) cut it into small squares. Pour some resin in a pan and squirt a decent amount of hardener (dont be stingy or itll take forever to harden.)

WEAR GLOVES FOR THIS PART.
Brush resin on ech strip and cover the ball with them. When its covered and hardens youll have a fiberglass ball with bit of a cloth looking pattern all over it.
Next take the vinyl spackle (better than regular spackle!) and spread it all over the ball as smoothly as possible. This is to help get rid of any texture from the cloth and to smooth out any lumps. Plus this stuffs cheap!
Sand it smooth.
Take some large bolts and slide the springs around them then hot glue these all around the ball.
Chrome paint it with chrome spray paint $1.69 a can at walmart.

TA DA! You now have a FUNCTIONAL piece of armor. Simply use a drill bit on a dremel to saw off excess ball shape till itll work as shoulder armor and hot glue it to your costume (or to a harness).

NOTE: if this is too much to try to deal with just get some plaster of paris strips at a craft store and cover the ball with it. It wont be real armor but itll look right
Never give up