Anime Weekend Atlanta

(Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc)
Yuki Yanagi

Anime Weekend Atlanta

Post by Yuki Yanagi » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:29 pm

^_^ I'm so excited! This is my first Anime convention, yay! Is there anyone out there who's going to AWA??? ^_^

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:05 pm

hai i think... it's on our summer tour list of cons... not sure though... it falls on the weekend of my cousin's b-day... T.T so sad...
I want to help save the world... if only I could remember how?

Cutestvampbuny

Post by Cutestvampbuny » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:06 am

I am going to awa i love that con!
Sore Wa Amitsu Desu

kagomethekikyoslayer
Location: Feudal Japan..well..I wish..but Georgia's close enough right?

Post by kagomethekikyoslayer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:09 am

I'm an anime convention virgin too..*grits teeth*..I've tried going for the past couple of years..but I'm definitly going to AWA..I've been planning for it since I missed the last one..*jumps with excitement* I keep getting told that I look a lot like that wench Kikyou..so I'm probably going as her one of the days..But I don't care as long as I'm there..

Suna

Post by Suna » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:59 pm

Awa? count me in! teehee *raises hand high into air* YEA! lol ^^ im so excited! only got to attend the last day last year...*shaky fist at schedule conflicts. <_< lol

buuut this year im hopin to attend for all 3 days! bweeeee -dances-
"mm...no. Champagne makes me all giggly"
~Guybrush Threepwood (The Curse of Monkey Island)

summoneryuna0783

Post by summoneryuna0783 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:38 am

I don't actually know when it is... can anyone tell me? I want to go to my first ever!!!
Tootie: "You're weird!"
Mr. Crocker: "Says you! And several psychiatric professionals!"

Suna

Post by Suna » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:43 pm

Awa is September 24-26!

if you click on teh lil link that says "AWA" on teh index page, it takes you to a site with some information about it! ^^
"mm...no. Champagne makes me all giggly"
~Guybrush Threepwood (The Curse of Monkey Island)

summoneryuna0783

Post by summoneryuna0783 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:00 pm

Sure enough!! I applied, and I should be hearing back soon.... I'm going to try to sing 1000 words, and Suteki Da Ne there some time. Anyway else attending this one?
Tootie: "You're weird!"
Mr. Crocker: "Says you! And several psychiatric professionals!"

Asuka Legna

Post by Asuka Legna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:41 am

Yeah! It'll be my first con ever, looking for some costum ideas, and I'm going to drag along some of my guy friends... hehe, I wonder what I can make them wear... lol
Asuka Legna Acinorev

somethingWicked

Hello all

Post by somethingWicked » Mon May 24, 2004 10:40 pm

Hey I just found the wounderful world of Cosplay and I am having a blast...My first convention is in Sept in Atlanta, I will be going with my best friend Lee David! We are both Art majors so our costums should come out very Wicked like.

I can't wait!! :lol:
From the Drakness into the light something WICKED this way comes

Lyenuv

Post by Lyenuv » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:25 am

I'll be there ^_^ AWA9 was my first con! AWA10 will be my fifth.
I am the marshmellow peep, smash my head please

Luarîn

Post by Luarîn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:14 pm

I'm going!!!! What is everybody being? I'm being Dark Chii!! Anyone wanna be in a group with me?

Lyenuv

Post by Lyenuv » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:12 pm

I'll be cosplaying as Hyatt (excel saga), Shii Aasu (puni puni Poemi) and Saria from LOZ:OOT
I am the marshmellow peep, smash my head please

ashleyv
Standard Cosplayer

Post by ashleyv » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:07 pm

Luarîn wrote:I'm going!!!! What is everybody being? I'm being Dark Chii!! Anyone wanna be in a group with me?
I'm going to AWA for the first time. I've been attending conventions since 2001 but this is a first time for AWA. I have a Chi outfit so I wouldn't mind taking a few pictuers and such!

Mew Potato

Post by Mew Potato » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:01 pm

Oooh!It's a tad far off but I'm making plans!Three costume ideas,Though.Hard to chose from ^_^;
Can ya dig it?....I can dig it...

ashleyv
Standard Cosplayer

Post by ashleyv » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:53 am

Has anyone decided when an ACP photo will be taken, if one will be taken. If not we need to decide on when would be a good time to have one.

Ayvina

Post by Ayvina » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:15 pm

*hums* I'm going to AWA10 ^^ It will be my 2nd Con. ^^;; I want to go as Rose Bride Anthy and Sango in Traveling Clothes from Inuyasha ^^
One by one the penguins steal my sanity

Tia

Post by Tia » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:09 am

I'm not really sure if I'll be going or not this year. Been to a bunch of cons, and could use a little break, but I'm interested in some of the guests that are going to be there. Hopefully I'll know soon.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Ayvina

Post by Ayvina » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:53 pm

I haven't been to a con in ages, let alone an anime con. I am dying to get to AWA and Nan Desu Kan. *contemplates costumes* Nyu ^^ Shall be fun ^^ *dances*

KawaiiCB

Post by KawaiiCB » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:05 am

I'm goin! yay!! This is my first time going to a convention
Faith is something that you put in friends, and had I excess morals to lend. I'd let you borrow them, but my trust you haven't earned

Ayvina

Post by Ayvina » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:21 pm

*dances with Kawaii* Nyu ^^ Shall be fun ^^ I hope to see you there!

Tia

Post by Tia » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:22 pm

Dear God. I just re-read that one post. You're seriously going to cosplay Aasu 0.o;;;
Damn, girl. You got guts.

Ayvina

Post by Ayvina » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:26 pm

Aasu O.o Interesting looking....

*thinks* I've changed whp I am cosplaying as at AWA ^^ Mainly because it seems being Sango would be a little pointless cause it seems I can't bring her boomarang with me. So here is my list of characters I am cosplaying at AWA ^^

Rose Bride Anthy - Revolutionary Girl Utena
Hinoto - X
Yumi - Rurouni Kenshin

Should be fun ^^

KawaiiCB

Post by KawaiiCB » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:51 pm

yay!! fun fun! anthy is the best character!
Faith is something that you put in friends, and had I excess morals to lend. I'd let you borrow them, but my trust you haven't earned

Dantetheblack

YAY

Post by Dantetheblack » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:35 pm

I am ...hopefully I can get this Hugo costume ready in time .....hope to see you all there ...
your new name is Mid-Boss
-laharal

dood - prinny squad

For a smile never ends without tears to begin ~Flogging Molly

ashleyv
Standard Cosplayer

Post by ashleyv » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:41 pm

So AWA is just little over a week away. I would figure that this topic would be a little bit more active. Oh well. So does everyone know their final costume list? I know that I'm bring the following:

Sandra from Legend of Mana
Battle Royale student
Alice from Alice in Wonderland
Sera Victoria from Hellsing

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:28 pm

*sigh* I realized a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't go because of a lot of school work, but then it's kind of good that I did decide that because now I have to move from my apartment in three days. Bleh. Darn hurricane.

Dantetheblack

meh

Post by Dantetheblack » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:33 pm

Yea my house got kinda hurt by Ivan so all my cosplay stuff wasnt ready in time (evacuation sucks) so I was in the white "Not a Ninja " tee shirt with the Naruto headband
your new name is Mid-Boss
-laharal

dood - prinny squad

For a smile never ends without tears to begin ~Flogging Molly

Neko~Kaolla

Post by Neko~Kaolla » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:16 am

My boyfriend goes every year, and I have never been so it looks like I am going! And I am really looking forward to it. =^__^=v
"When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother 'cause it's already screwed."
Cosplayer since 2002.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:40 am

You'll have a good time. It's a nice con, and at their new hotel, they had one of the best artists' alleys I've seen. We missed it last year because of the hurricane that came the same weekend. We didn't want to be stuck in Atlanta, and we didn't want to drive home in the storm so we just didn't go. This year, barring any natural disasters, we'll go.

Amechan

Post by Amechan » Mon May 16, 2005 9:55 am

This year will be my third AWA-con. ^^ I'm not sure about my costume though. For Saturday, I was thinking maybe Hotaru from .hack//DUSK or Mistral from .hack//INFECTION. If I become insane enough and work on my costume like, now, I might try to be Umi or Hikaru in the celestial version from Magic Knight Rayearth (it'll never happen). I normally would plan on doing a Sakura battle costume, but I'm growing my hair out.

And of course on Friday I'll be the Luna from Sailormoon. It's like a tradition, because it was my first costume at AWA-con. I was thinking about being a human-version of Kirara from Inuyasha, but I doubt it'll happen.
ame-ga-furu

ashleyv
Standard Cosplayer

Post by ashleyv » Mon May 16, 2005 10:59 am

Depending on if I have the funds I will be attending AWA this year. If so then I will be debuting my Mage (from Ragnarok) and Sailor Jupiter this year.

bailey
Celestial Cosplayer

Post by bailey » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:21 am

Who all is going to AWA this year? I am!! I am not sure what I will be bringing but I will definitely be bringing my Eternal Sailor Moon ^^ Other than that I am not sure.

Armitage

Post by Armitage » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:35 am

OOOH! Me me!!! I'll be there!!! I cant wait!!! I really need to decide on my costumes soon!!! <3 What is everyone gona be????
Long Live the Fighters!!!!!

Wizdomlily

Post by Wizdomlily » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:42 pm

I'll be heading to AWA this year with my cosplay group, St. Claire Cosplay, ^^ We just booked our room.

I'll be cosplaying as:

1) Luna from Tales of Symphonia
2) Dancer from Final Fantasy Tactics (with some friends)
3) Karen Kasumi (Red version) from X/1999
4) Black and Yellow Girl from a Hyeung Tae Kim drawing
5) Cheshire Cat from Miyuki Chan in Wonderland

I'm also creating around fifteen costumes for my cosplay group and other friends, including chars from X/1999, Miyuki chan in Wonderland, and the HTK drawing, Final Fantasy Tactics and Paradise Kiss. It's a busy summer ^^
"And sometimes...I bleed." - The Others

*Future Wife of Wang Lee Hom*

Planned Upcoming Cons: MTAC Go, AWA '05.

YukariKiss

Post by YukariKiss » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:48 pm

I'll be there! My Naruto group is going. This will be my... ::thinks::... 6th AWA!!! Wow, I'm really getting old. ^_^;;

Bailey!! Yay, I want to see your Et. Sailor Moon!! Don't forget Gaara, though!! T_T
Southeast Naruto Cosplay Group

JuuJuu

Post by JuuJuu » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:20 am

I'm trying really hard to be there this year. If I do, I'll be going as Tseng, one of the Turks from Final Fantasy VII, chunnin Shikamaru from Naruto, and Tenna from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and I Feel Sick comics. Now if only I could find a lovely Johnny to tag along with me...

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:54 pm

I'll be there. I've just gotten my hotel room booked and I'm at artist alley table #65. Please stop by and say hi. I'd love to meet everybody in person, but it is such a big con that it would be hard even if I could leave the table very long to try to find people. So far, I'm planning on regular and pirate versions of Forte Stollen and an original EGL. Possibly also rewearing my Juri costume, but it depends on when the Utena group is going to happen.

ExAstra

Post by ExAstra » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:56 pm

I'm definitely going to be attending AWA this year and I'm really looking forward to it-as it's my first time there and my first out-of-state convention. ^^

I'll probably be bringing Shiori (rosebride), Anthy (Movie edition), Asuka (plugsuit), and Rosette (Chrno Crusade).

Tia

Post by Tia » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:08 pm

Hmm. It's looking like Pirate Forte is gonna be debuting at AWA. Think you might wanna do Ranpha's costume, too? I've already got material cut for Mint and Vanilla's shirts, but Mint said she doesn't want to come to AWA. I dunno if Vanilla can get time off from work. So it may just be you and me. Oh yeah, and I will probably be wearing the costume on friday, since it's comfy enough to wear on the drive up, sans coat and epaulettes. I might change into Juri later that day or save her for saturday morning or sunday. The one definite thing on my schedule is that I need to wear my new EGL on saturday afternoon/night for a big Jrock/EGL gathering. Everything else can be worked around groups if they're happening.

will

Cons for 2005

Post by will » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:28 am

I trying to find out if theres a anime con for 2005.
I'm an amature photograher who would like to take cosplay pictures but I can never seem to get there on time,I hope this year will be differnt.

Thanks your friend
Will Allison

Moon

Post by Moon » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:27 pm

Anyway, I will be attending AWA this year. This is my first shot at this convention. I don't really know what to expect from it. I've heard that this a really good convention, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I will be apart of a fairly large Naruto cosplay group, so I won't be alone. I'll be their Itachi. See you there.

Livvylove

Post by Livvylove » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:26 pm

AWA was awesome, first time cosplaying and had a blast. Got tons of pictures taken but can't find any online :lol:

nekobiker

Post by nekobiker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:42 am

Who went to the Gaia meeting?

Sweet Vanilla

Post by Sweet Vanilla » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:41 am

nekobiker wrote:Who went to the Gaia meeting?

Hold it. Wait. There was a Gaia meeting down here in Georgia? Or did you mean something else?

Dalailiam

Post by Dalailiam » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:34 pm

I think we all missed it. Granted the thought of a Gaia meet freightens me. It'd be like me sitting in a room with five 13yr-olds with fishingpoles and bad grammar, all looking to cyber. *twitch twitch*

Your actually trying to talk me out of AWA, right?

Sweet Vanilla

Post by Sweet Vanilla » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 pm

That's not fair at all. =( There was a Gaia meeting in Georgia and I didn't even know? When or how long ago was this? o_O;

xD Ah. - - If only the admins. could travel to each state from California and hold a small Gaia convention in each state. @_@; I would absolutely love to meet them.
hyde = lots of love. <3.

Suger_baby_love

Post by Suger_baby_love » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:05 pm

Hey I'm new here and I had a question. This year will be my first time going to AWA. I went to Dragon*Con last year and had a BLAST!! ^_^ And then I also went to MoMo Con last year and didn't quite such a good time there. Since I haven't been to AWA, can someone tell me, is it more like Dragon*Con, or more like MoMo Con? At MoMo Con last year, I suppose it was because we got there later in the evening, and everything must have been winding down but we walked around and people were just standing around not really doing ANYTHING. =\ It made me sad. Anyway, can anyone get back to me on that? Thanks!! <3 *~Suger~*

DemonWarlord

Post by DemonWarlord » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:52 am

I've been to AWA since AWA 11 and momocon 2. I haven't been to Dragon*con but I will this year. Momo was more of a huge anime club coming together to hang out. AWA actually feels like a con. It's one of my favorite cons. It's not as big as Dragon*con but it's fun as hell.

LadyShizuka

Post by LadyShizuka » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm going as Yuki Cross, my Best F. is going as another gothic lolita XD, and my other friend is going as Freya (dark chi)!!
Finished:
Dejiko - AWA '10 & Momocon '11