Ryuna's winged staff

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
MtDewFaerie

Ryuna's winged staff

Post by MtDewFaerie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:09 pm

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3786/warriors9aq.jpg

I need ideas for what items to use in making this staff. I really have no idea at all.....

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:08 pm

Wow what a staff!!! I would say to get some sort of piping one a lil lager than the other. Maybe copper pipe and paint it. For the ribbon twist I would get like metal stripping and solder each strip then twist then paint. um then mabey do the wings in either metal and then like do etching or layers or use fun foam and then glue them to the strips or you could even use real feathers. To keep the pipes from slipping n stuff I would cut a smale circle or metal or the metal strip some how and then solder the middle pipe on to it and then solder the pipe and circle onto the other pipe. For the top maybe stuff it with something or do the same thing but make a hole in the middle then solder it together again. I don't know if this helps you any but it seems like it would do the job and look good. copper pipe is easy to bend and I think it would look okay, just paint it with like metal paint for the white and then for the gold I would emboss it.
WINGS

Dark_Tiger

Post by Dark_Tiger » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:02 pm

I see only one way to make the center staff and helixes, metal.

If I were making it, I'd bend 3/4"X1/8" steel strapping into the helix/wing rib, then make the wings out of fiberglass and bolt or rivet the things to the steel. The center pole I'd make out of 1/4" steel rod with a composite plastic topper. The white part of the pole would probably be a hollow steel tube, to hold the weight.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki