Fox tail?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
runa27

Fox tail?

Post by runa27 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:43 pm

I've got a costume idea that I may do at some point in the future, of a part-fox demon character... what are some suggestions for doing the tail that you guys have?

-Runa27
*In need of an obi, because one should really ask if the kimono comes with an obi BEFORE they pay for it! ;_;

Dark_Tiger

Post by Dark_Tiger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:17 am

Well, I've been tempted in the past to make a fox tail out of a $5 duster I saw at Wal-Mart. Barring that, I'd be more tempted to buy a tail from one of the furry commission Jiraiya since finding fur that bushy would be a problem.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27 pm

Then again, they do have the actual tails... I know I saw some in the dealers room of A-kon two years ago.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Corvus Luna

Post by Corvus Luna » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:55 pm

depending on were you live, and how lucky you are, they will have Medieval Faires periodically, and if you're really really luck, you'll find someone selling real fox tales, in all sizes and colors. that's were i got mine. i'm afraid this isn't very helpful, but if you're not finding anything thats something you can look into, just search medieval faires in you area on the internet, but i must warn you its very hit or miss. though the last time i went, they seemed to be more popular. if i find anything else, i'll tell you.
sorry i'm not much help! T.T
When I see myself in my dreams as a butterfly, and see myself as a man when I awake, I do not know whether I am a man who dreams he is a butterfly, or a butterfly who dreams he is a man.
-Shoji

Captaincougar

Post by Captaincougar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:52 pm

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fursuit/

You could go ask there or just cut out the shape that's bigger than you want the tail to be. PRACTICE WITH CHEAP CLOTH BEFORE HAND, faux fur can be expensive ^^;;
Rawr! X3

xkiddo

Post by xkiddo » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:58 pm

i've bought a real fox tail that was dyed at a renaissance festival this year so i'm sure you could find one like that somewhere
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.