Duel Disks

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
florabell_faerie

Duel Disks

Post by florabell_faerie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:17 pm

Hey, I'm considering cosplaying as one of the many Yu-Gi-Oh! characters this summer(or just use the costume as a floor costume). How exactly are you supposed to make the duel disks? What do you use? :? Since it is March now, I'll have a bit of time to make it if it takes a while; there's time for trial and error as well.

Pretty please help! :cry:

<3
Katie
O môr henion i dhû
Ely siriar, êl sila
Ai! Aníron Undómiel

Tiro! Êl eria e môr.
I 'lìr en êl luitha 'uren.
Ai! Aníron...

florabell_faerie

Post by florabell_faerie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:24 pm

Oh yeah! PS, this is only going to be my second costume... :oops:
O môr henion i dhû
Ely siriar, êl sila
Ai! Aníron Undómiel

Tiro! Êl eria e môr.
I 'lìr en êl luitha 'uren.
Ai! Aníron...

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:44 am

you know you can buy the duel disk toys at toy stores eh?... i think they're around $20 to $30 though...
I want to help save the world... if only I could remember how?

CapsuleCorp

Post by CapsuleCorp » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:47 am

You do know that there's a commercially-produced toy Duel Disk now, right? I've seen it, but haven't gotten one since I've decided to stick with Duelist Kingdom versions of characters, not Battle City. It's about the right size, it's not overly huge or freaky. Toys R Us still has plenty, even well after the holidays when they were supposed to be popular. The only thing other cosplayers have mentioned is that the arm band needs to be modified a little bit to fit an adult sized arm, it comes sized for kids.

Which character are you going to do? Oh, and I adore your avatar. :D

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:52 am

they are sized frokids but i think the adjust... i saw a yami bakura and yami malik running around with them once... GAH! MALIK! ::glomps::
maybe if the seto for the cosplay contest had one me and a kyo(J-rock) wouldn't had ended up having two of her three blue eyes.. :cry:
but they do hold cards too...
I want to help save the world... if only I could remember how?

MikoKagome

Post by MikoKagome » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:45 pm

My brother got a duel disk just last week so yea...he's 14 and taller than me and i'm 18...Ugh! *sweatdrop* Anyway...i think they are adjustable to the size of kid thats buying them.
Wow...i'm hungry.....RAMEN ANYONE?!?!?!?!? *gets out a huge bowl filled with ramen and smiles* hey if this stuff wasn't called ramen it would be called...

"Help I'm poor but i have food!" XD.....I'm insane and i make everyone laugh...so please....laugh, be happy, be merry or just plainly get drunk with a good friend....it's all good in the happy land of cosplay....