Demon Chrno

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Pokegirl

Demon Chrno

Post by Pokegirl » Fri May 06, 2005 1:18 pm

a little help please!I want to make demon Chrno from Chrno Crusade.I've already began work on his spinal collem pony tail thing,but how on earth will I make his jacket thing?please,any and all help is appreciated.if you don't know what i'm talking about,go here
http://rathzero.g3.cc/busan21.htm and scroll down and you'll see

Juci

Re: Demon Chrno

Post by Juci » Thu May 12, 2005 11:38 pm

Pokegirl wrote:a little help please!I want to make demon Chrno from Chrno Crusade.I've already began work on his spinal collem pony tail thing,but how on earth will I make his jacket thing?please,any and all help is appreciated.if you don't know what i'm talking about,go here
http://rathzero.g3.cc/busan21.htm and scroll down and you'll see

:D Real sweet if you ask me. The red jacket looks like a rain coat modify. Try to find rain coat patterns, they'll help you a lot with putting together a coat that look like that.
"I love you, May I glomp you."

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Mon May 16, 2005 12:35 pm

I' m not doing the red coat,though,I'm doing the other chrno coat thingy majig.

Juci

Post by Juci » Mon May 16, 2005 5:22 pm

Pokegirl wrote:I' m not doing the red coat,though,I'm doing the other chrno coat thingy majig.

You mean the white and black one with a hole to display the chest? or the long stripped coat?

The long stripped coat looks like a Matrix coat (ebay has some for $20 or lower, but be careful and read, sometimes they trick you into getting patterns rather than the actural coat)cut up then stitched some white shoulder pads and cut up white gloves at the arms.

The one with the hole in the middle looks like a regular black shirt modified with some white back supporter strap, brace or harness. You can get a black shirt at the Thrift store while the back supporter you can try to find at eBay for cheap and like new if lucky. Don't buy the back brace at a medicial place they tend to over price these. My sister needed one and it cost nearly $40. The same one can be found at eBay for $10 (this includes the S&H).

Also do you have a original (or actural) pic of this character? Sometimes the way cosplayer do the costume can be inadequate or not sufficient enough to make the coatume as close as possible to a charater, unless if that is what you really want.

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Mon May 16, 2005 7:45 pm

the one that shows the whole chest

Juci

Post by Juci » Tue May 17, 2005 4:10 pm

Pokegirl wrote:the one that shows the whole chest
oh ok. Yeah Like I said before that one looks like a Matrix costume cut up then taken some fabric to sew on the different colors of the coat, like the arms and the red thing on the sholders.

If your doing the whole thing by hand just get some long coat pattern , follow the instructions of the pattern and sew the coat together than cut up the areas vertically to make the strips. It doesn't seem that difficult. First try to do som sketches on how you'll do the costume if it still doesn't help I'll see if I can scan some of my sketches on how I'll do the costume. OK :D