STL Cosplay Picnic

(Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc)
Selphy

STL Cosplay Picnic

Post by Selphy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Hello everyone. I am just throwing this idea out there. I have friends that do this same type of event in both Boston and Chicago and it goes off without a hitch and is a lot of fun.

Basically, what we would do is, meet at a location (preferably with a pavilion) for a cosplay style picnic. With food, photos, and games.

I am hoping to do this sometime in July, maybe early July? If there is enough interest. I am not going to do it if no one is interested because renting a pavilion costs money.

I will provide meat (or meat substitute for vegetarians) then everyone else will have to come with a dish of their choice. Bread, drinks, sides or deserts, whatever you prefer.

Location is negotiable; I have a car so I am pretty mobile. I know a couple different parks that have great photo opportunities, but I am open to suggestions.

What does everyone think?

animeluv101

Post by animeluv101 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:24 pm

sounds like a fun idea! ive been trying to find more events around stl...but since im a newbie who has yet to create a costume....its a little too soon for me...but its still a great idea!
**rach**

konekokitten

Post by konekokitten » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:33 pm

i would probably do it! i have friends that would probably do it as well.

Morrin

Post by Morrin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:04 pm

That sounds fun, I might be interested too, I have afew friend that also, might come as well, depending on details. There isnt enough cosplay in missouri, much less where I live, and ive hunted around alot.

Yukina W.

Post by Yukina W. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:33 pm

that sounds like fun I would love to go

darkgaze2002

Post by darkgaze2002 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 am

Oh! That would be lots of fun!
Possible locations could be the place under the arch(easy to find LOL!) Or Carondelet Park, that has a LOT of pavilions that are sheltered. Or Forest Park. I am just excited about this! I guess we would have to find a centerally located place that is easy to get to by Metro Link and Bus for those who don't drive.

Maybe May would be nice, it would still be cool if people's costumes were crazy hot.