AnimeNext

(New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc)
echocharlie

AnimeNext

Post by echocharlie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:57 am

Anyone going to AnimeNext? It's only 2 months away and is close to New York City. Should be a good show.

Hime no Toki

Post by Hime no Toki » Sat May 29, 2004 5:01 pm

I'm going to be there Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday morning to head back to Philadelphia. Going to be cosplaying DOOM Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sohma Ayame from Fruits Basket, Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, and POSSIBLY Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin...*sigh* SO many crossplays for this event...o_O;

*~Chibi Aryanna~*

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Sat May 29, 2004 5:16 pm

I wish I could go, but I cant just leave Boston and get to New York for a con for one day. T-T
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:45 am

I was there. ^_^

wasn't that great though.

inusarekawaii

Post by inusarekawaii » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Natalie wrote:I was there. ^_^

wasn't that great though.
I was there. My friend and I had a great time!

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:28 pm

I want to go!!! T=T
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

inusarekawaii

Anime Next

Post by inusarekawaii » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 pm

Well...since I haven't been to that many conventions (there aren't that many close to where I live) my group hasn't gotten a chance to do a skit in the cosplay yet. When we watched it at Anime Next 2003, we thought that a lot of them pretty much looked the same...there were quite a few funny ones, but none of them seemed incredibly original...Today, my sister and I came up with a great idea for a cosplay...

It depends on my sister getting a Kotoko costume and whether or not her friend would dress up as Sumomo and do the skit with her...and of course, whether or not we get to go to the convention. Put it this way, though...if we did get around to doing that...everyone that knows about Chobits would probably be hysterically laughing...

inusarekawaii

Anime Next

Post by inusarekawaii » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 pm

Well...since I haven't been to that many conventions (there aren't that many close to where I live) my group hasn't gotten a chance to do a skit in the cosplay yet. When we watched it at Anime Next 2003, we thought that a lot of them pretty much looked the same...there were quite a few funny ones, but none of them seemed incredibly original...Today, my sister and I came up with a great idea for a cosplay...

It depends on my sister getting a Kotoko costume and whether or not her friend would dress up as Sumomo and do the skit with her...and of course, whether or not we get to go to the convention. Put it this way, though...if we did get around to doing that...everyone that knows about Chobits would probably be hysterically laughing...

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:08 am

Wow. I didn't even realize that I posted at all yet. lol. Well I think that I may be going next year(even though I said that it wasn't much fun). It really wasn't that bad. I think I'm going to give it another go.

So what is everyone doing?(I've asked this so many times already)

I think I'm going to do Songstress Rikku on Friday, Shiva(FF7) and Warrior Rikku on Saturday. Those 3 are definates, but as for the days.. I'm not entirely sure yet.

Yuni

Post by Yuni » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:37 pm

Ah! I'm going this year (and I was there last year) Here's hoping to see more of you out here in NJ for ANext 05 :D

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:17 pm

*envy*

chi1984

Post by chi1984 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:58 pm

im going yaaaaaaaa cant wait im being dark chi *i like chi*
gank and haru bffe=^-^=

Eiri-san

Post by Eiri-san » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:23 pm

I'm going to try to go. I really want to, since..I don't believe BAAF is happening this year. Hopefully I'll be going as Kyo Sohma.
Please let her be happy.
Even if I die surrounded by snow that never melts..

chi1984

Post by chi1984 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:23 pm

really thats so kool *dances around*i love kyo.
gank and haru bffe=^-^=

Mina Aino14

Post by Mina Aino14 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:22 pm

I went the last 2 years and i wasn't to happy with what happened. i just don't think anime next is the con for me. the first year i went my conacts ripped in my eyes so cosplaying got to a be a bit hard. when your gressed as kagome with one red eye... people start to think you pulled a DBZ and fussed with Inuyasha's demon form. Not to mention the people running the cosplay weren't very nice. When i signed up for it i had mentioned i participated in the icon cosplay just to make cnersation and she replied, "well coeming from such a little con no wonder you won, things are different here." and right she was. they were the nastiest people i had ever met. the cosplay plers of course were all freindly. then the second year which was last year i went we were suppose to get one free ticket from winning the "best effert" award in the icon cosplay but we never got that. not to mention everyone who worked there were yet again nasty people. they could care less about the people who were there. Not to mention the judging is very very biased. it may be different this year but for the past few years if you weren't Final fantasy you weren't going to win anything. It's sad really. there were so many people who really did deserve a priize. but they didn't get anything.
I think the only really good things about that con is the music guest. Cosmicity, Peelander Z and the spunks were all fantastic. and encredably nice people. if i weere to go back it would only be ofr that reason.

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:45 pm

Ugh... I love how my costume agenda never really happened. I was there again as Songstress Rikku on Saturday only.

Imp-chan

Post by Imp-chan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:53 pm

I'm going this year. It gonna be my first con, and my first time cosplaying! Can't wait!!! :D -bounces off walls-
'Paco's Tacos' vs. 'The Flaming Turtale Shells'
100pts. 1900pts.

Srta.McGowan: The Turtle shells are spinning!
Josh: It's like Mario Party in here!

Sapphyre

Post by Sapphyre » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:51 pm

This is going to be my first time going to AnimeNEXT. I'm really excited about it, though I can't make it up for most of the day on Friday :-(
Otakon 2006:

Thursday: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 2/Movie cross)

Friday: Kami memorial (Malice Mizer original), Kami Illuminati with Labcoat (Malice Mizer), Hyde (L'Arc~en~Ciel Live in America), You (GacktJOB)

Saturday: Michiru Jr. High (Sailor Moon), Super Sailor Saturn, Silver Millenium Saturn (Sailor Moon original)

Sunday: Gogo Yubari (Kill Bill), Miyuki (You're Under Arrest!)

Kismet137

Post by Kismet137 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:16 pm

I'm going. =3 This is going to be my friends' first time going to an anime con ever, but my first time going to AnimeNEXT. I've heard it's pretty big, and popular. :o I've decided I'm going as Mamimi from FLCL.

My friends are going as Meroko Yui from Full Moon wo Sagashite (The January-Feburary 2004 Calendar Version) and Lenne from Final Fanatsy X-2. ^^

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:09 am

Going again this year. ^_^

Saturday only again, and this year as Scissor Woman from Clock Tower 3. I swear I will hug anyone at the con that recognizes my character. lol.

Can't wait.

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Time for 2007 talk! I will be there yet again. On Friday as Yuuko from Schrödinger's Lion and Saturday as Astharoshe Asran from Trinity Blood. I am really really excited to go again! It's always a great convention!

VampyreMiyu

I'm trying to put together a burlesqure show and I need acts

Post by VampyreMiyu » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:14 am

I'm looking for both men and women (18+ only please) willing to do a stiptease, song and dance act, comedy, or other vaudville-esque stuff. I will be looking for more strip teases than other stuff so please don't get offended if I turn your tap number away.

What's in it for you? We're shooting for a 2 hr 'panel' so you'd get a refund on your admission (see the panel page of www.animenext.org for details). I'm also going to try to set up a contest for best acts chosen by the audience or a panel of judges. (I'm still fleshing this out) If you are part of a professional troupe, you're free to hand out fliers for upcoming events.

Details are still coming in but I know it will be a late night panel Friday or Saturday night after the concert/masquerade). I'll post info as I get it.

Here are my ground rules (Which I reserve the right to change at any time, thank you very much):

1. This should go without saying but you need to have a badge. You can get your refund after the panel as per the cons rules.

2. Must be at least 18 yrs old. You will have to send me proof when signing up and will have to bring proof to the show. A driver's license is fine.

3. Act must be Anime related. (See rules for the masquerade, but I might bend for good ideas.)

4. Acts must be 'R' rated. For strip teases, you may only strip to bra, panties, thongs, or pasties as a minimum. A thong or underware is ok for guys (yay banana hammock!) but lets try to avoid the tighty whities ok guys? 'The Aristocrats' level humor is fine. Costume/act will have to be approved before the show.

5. Acts must be upbeat and sexy! We want the audience cheering, laughing, and having a good time so leave the emo at home k?

6. Shoot for 3 mins or less but I'll be flexible if the act sounds really good.

7. Please choose an adult-ish character. I can't approve a Card Captor Sakura or Sailor Chibi Moon striptease without feeling dirty. Sailor Moon or Utena are do-able.

8. A character may only appear once, so choose you character early!

9. I prefer cosplayers to be the same sex as their character. No Yaoi allowed and yaoi paddles will be shoved sideways somewhere.

10. I'd prefer the act to include a recognizable outfit, but if you aren't good at putting costumes together we can discuss alternatives. In the same vein, feel free to jazz up a costume with beads, feathers, sequins, fringe, etc.

11. Please keep in character for your act (i.e. don't take off your wig/makeup til you are out of site of the audience) We want to give the illusion that it is the actual character performing.

If you are interested reply here or email me at snuzzlebunnies at yahoo.com (put AnimeNEXT Burlesque in the subject) and I'll put you down for your act/character. I'll need your name, stage name (what you'll be billed as), character (with series), act type, and song (if necessary). Once I have you down I'll contact you for proof of age and later for a glimpse of your costume/act.

If you have no interest but can think of nifty acts feel free to list them here for people to pick thru. Here are some ideas to get you started:

Temari (Naruto) doing a fan dance

Yuuko (Schrödinger's Lion) doing a drunken striptease.

Rei (Eva) performing to Sinatra's 'Fly me to the moon'

Genuine Loner

Post by Genuine Loner » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 am

Ok... Anyway where are the New Jersey cosplay fans, I know your here somewhere?

Dokudel

Post by Dokudel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 am

Going this year again as well. Friday I will be Dizzy from Guilty Gear and Saturday I will be Artifact Armour Dancer. ^_^
TAKII Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2006-Current
MAGFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2009-2011
SpringFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2012
Dokudel-" My love for you is stronger then my physical strength."

Genuine Loner

Post by Genuine Loner » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:50 pm

huh?