Greetings from Texas!

You wanted it, you got it! General posts and chatting can go here, but keep it friendly...
NatRusso

Greetings from Texas!

Post by NatRusso » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm a fantasy writer in central Texas, and I've had the opportunity to attend several conventions in my area. I've found cosplay to be a tremendous source of inspiration. I've seen cosplayers who are nothing short of performance artists, and like all good artists, they have the ability to reach into a person's soul and touch them like few other things can.

I operate a blog that mentors aspiring authors, and recently I created a bi-monthly contest that includes cosplay, fantasy art, and machinima entries. I'm trying to spread the word and show other writers how inspirational these forms of art can be.

If you're so inclined, I'd like to extend an invitation to you all to check it out and submit an entry. There is no entry fee, the prizes are rather humble at this time, but there is an opportunity for exposure (the site receives about 12k visits per month). Additionally, your work may inspire the art of my fellow writers.

You can find more information on the contest page here: http://www.nat-russo.com/p/necro-of-month.html (I looked for a forum rule prohibiting this type of link but couldn't find one. Please forgive me if this has violated a rule. I'd never do that intentionally.)

If you have suggestions for contest prizes that are of interest to cosplayers, I'd love to hear from you! I'm afraid I'm very new to the community, so I'm still learning.

Thanks so much for your time, and I hope to see you there!

Nat