MegaCon [Florida]

(Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc)
MyHeartsAshes

MegaCon [Florida]

Post by MyHeartsAshes » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:59 pm

Febuary 25-27 is MegaCon. http://www.megaconvention.com/ is the official website. It's in Orlando, Florida and I went last year as my first convention. Nice sized, nice people, lots of costumes ^_^ It's a gaming/anime convention, so beware the DnD geeks, for I may even be among them too >.>

Tia

Post by Tia » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:03 pm

I'll be there.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Katie

Post by Katie » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Hmm... I'll definitely consider it... But that's a 10-hour drive... ;_;

Tia

Post by Tia » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:49 pm

Wayne, if you need any other links, check my links page here: http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~jburdsal/links.html I thought you had all of them, though, or I would've told you sooner.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Ritsuko

Post by Ritsuko » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 am

Katie-chan wrote:Hmm... I'll definitely consider it... But that's a 10-hour drive... ;_;
10 hours? Where do you live, I think it is goiong to be about a 7 to 8 hour drive for me.
"Never Knows Best"
Lets see who knows this one.
"Gone insane, Be back soon" Me

You steal my Avie, I will hunt you down and take all your anime

mrs.tomoe

PLC concert on Sunday

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:08 am

Psycho Le Cemu will be putting on a concert at Megacon on Sunday. General Admission is included in the weekend convention pass, but people can also buy VIP tickets for special seating and goodies. Here's the link:
http://www.megaconvention.com/anime.asp

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:41 pm

Psycho Le Cemu was awesome at A-Kon. But they screwed us over with the VIP passes, which apparently people had even though we hadn't been told about them. You get to be first in line, and you actually get to stay in the concert. >>
*rages at her friend, who made everybody get kicked out of the concert*
but we won't go there.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Tranquility

Post by Tranquility » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:48 pm

I'm going to be at Megacon. (^_^)

I'll be cosplaying as a Gerudo thief, Orochimaru, and Tenten. It's coming up so soon..I still have alot of work to do.

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:57 pm

I'll be going to MegaCon. I'm gonna see PLC. I cannot wait to see you as Orochimaru. You pull him off so well. That's my favorite (next to Haku) Naruto character. I'm going as Haku, Miyazawa (Kare Kano), and Kagome.

Tranquility

Post by Tranquility » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Thanks (^.^) Your Haku costume looks great! I'll have to get a picture of you. I'm being Orochi on Saturday and probably Tenten on Sunday.

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:55 am

awesome! I'm going as Haku on Friday.

anystar

Post by anystar » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:06 pm

I'm going with a resident evil group ^^

Princess_Garnet

Post by Princess_Garnet » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:49 am

Did everyone have fun at MegaCon? I lurrrrved it! Met a lot of people, won best craftsmanship for Garnet, and just had an amazing first con!

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:18 am

I had a great time! I met Psycho Le Cemu twice. Was awesome! I saw Tranquility as Orochimaru on Saturday. That was awesome. I didn't have time to hang out with anyone that much though. I missed the costume contest because I had to go back with PLC at 3. Was there for a while. The costumes were great this year! It seemed like the cosplayers were a bit nicer this year as well.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:34 pm

It was a good weekend, wasn't it? :)

Princess Garnet, congrats on your award. You and your friend looked great in the contest. I don't think I'd seen that version of Garnet before, and your gown was beautiful. (hand painted designs! *_*) We'll have photos posted on Cosplay Lab soon.

PLC was really impressive. I only saw their opening skit which was hilarious. Didn't stay for the whole concert because I had the kiddies with me and didn't want to destroy their eardrums -- they have a hard enough time listening to mom & dad. :wink: All of you who enjoyed the concert, send feedback to Megacon so they know that it will be a good idea to continue inviting J-rock/J-pop acts.

It was a great start to what we all hope will be a great con season in FL!

Princess_Garnet

Post by Princess_Garnet » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:01 pm

Thanks soo much :) Actually, funny story about my friend... I was just sitting around at Mega, talking to some friends when she came up to me. She was like "I don't know how this works, but do you want to enter the contest with me? Your costume is kick-arse." I was like WHEE! It took a bit of convincing, but I entered :) I'm remaking Garnet, because I thought this version was half-arsed. :P It was for Halloween, but the response was amazing! So hey, might as well get good use out of it! Thank you sooo much though : )))) I can't WAIT to see the photos!!
mrs.tomoe wrote: Princess Garnet, congrats on your award. You and your friend looked great in the contest. I don't think I'd seen that version of Garnet before, and your gown was beautiful. (hand painted designs! *_*) We'll have photos posted on Cosplay Lab soon.

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Yes. I saw her as well. It was verrry nice. I wish I could have made the costume contest!! Did you actually win best costume? I don't know who won the actual award.

Tranquility

Post by Tranquility » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 pm

My friends and I had so much fun at Megacon! We got there super late on Friday though because of traffic. Saturday we were the sound group and everything went pretty well except they didn't play our music during the contest :(.. We also learned to never wear athletic tape on your legs for a long period of time if you have sensitive skin or are a guy. We all had bloody(yes, bloody) or extremely sore legs. It was horrible.
It was nice meeting you HakuXIII! There was alot of nice people there this year. (^_^) Did you have VIP passes for PLC? We came right before it started and were in the very back center. It wasn't very exciting back there in the beginning so we started passing out and throwing glowbraclets to everyone..Haha. The concert was great. Congrats to Princess_Garnet for the contest.. I'm glad your first convention was so much fun! (^.^)

Princess_Garnet

Post by Princess_Garnet » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:27 pm

Garnet [and my lovely friend Freya] won best craftsmanship, I have a picture of the guys who won best in show. Their costumes were very very well made!
HakuXIII wrote:Yes. I saw her as well. It was verrry nice. I wish I could have made the costume contest!! Did you actually win best costume? I don't know who won the actual award.

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:12 pm

It was nice meeting you too! Yeah I had VIP tickets. I was in the "second row" which would actually be the third (if the first wasn't blocked off). I was two seats to the right from being in the center. It was awesome! The japanese girls were in front row (the one with the AWESOME Daishi). They were head bangin and everything! It was great hahaha! Your sound group was crazy. Everyone looked perfect. I wish I could have seen the costume contest. (That'll teach me to get sick from not eating lol)

Tranquility

Post by Tranquility » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:12 pm

That's really cool.. I saw alot of people down in the front doing the para para moves and everything. My friends and I tried to do it to but we failed and made up things. It was funny.

It's awful that you got sick too. I think almost everyone in our group were sick at one point in the con. We went searching for food on Sunday and found nothing except $9 sandwiches..everyything else was sold out. We ended up having pocky and ramune to survive. We were so happy at McDonalds later..it tasted so good. lol

HakuXIII

Post by HakuXIII » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:55 pm

hahaha tell me about it. My problem was that I have acid reflux so it bothers my stomach when I eat. I figured it wasn't worth it but ended up sick anyway. I don't know the para para dance so don't feel bad! lol I heard that the jpophouse booth had a video for the para para dance. I guess I missed it. Oh well I had a good time anyway!

Kyou

Post by Kyou » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm going too. I'm cosplaying Kyou from Fruits Basket

kumagoro

Post by kumagoro » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:48 pm

I'm going!

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday cosplay as Team Magma from Pokemon Ruby and Fai D. Flowright from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles!

^_^

Ranchan

Post by Ranchan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:30 am

kumagoro wrote:I'm going!

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday cosplay as Team Magma from Pokemon Ruby and Fai D. Flowright from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles!

^_^
Are you going to be Team Magma on friday? I am going to be with Pikabellechu and cru on friday (all in Pokemon gear)...it would be awsome to get some pics with you!!!

Sakis Herzgil

Post by Sakis Herzgil » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:11 am

i won't be goin:( im broke, n my costumes arn't done :cry:
but im totally goin to metrocon!!! :D

Eclipse02

Megacon 2007

Post by Eclipse02 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:22 pm

I just signed up to this site today :-). Is anyone going to make it this year? What costumes are you wearing? I'm going as Count D from Pet Shop Of Horrors and then just dressing up in my usual goth attire :-p. Since this is my first post I'll introduce myself. I'm Sequoia a 22 year old male living in North-Central florida, how about you all?

Ichigo Jinx

Post by Ichigo Jinx » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm going! ^^ I'm cosplaying Tifa from FF Advent Children and I'm going with my friend who's cosplaying Lulu from FFX. megacon last year (06) was my first con :)
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

Frozenfishsticks

Megacon 2008

Post by Frozenfishsticks » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Megacon 2008;

I'm going as Saya from Blood +. This is going to be my first convention, so...XD
I had such a hard time choosing between Saya and Diva...

tiffanybell

Post by tiffanybell » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:54 pm

I went in 2007 as Ino on Saturday.

I am going with a large group to Megacon 2008 and I can't wait. We are all going as characters from Super Smash Brawl which should come out right before Megacon. I am going to be Princess Peach! ^_^

distancevdp

Post by distancevdp » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:43 pm

I'm going this year.. last year a friend and i drove up the wrong weekend.. oops haha. This time I'm gonna wear my Haruko (hopefully finished this time) and Mikuru from haruhi suzumiya... and i don't know what else... I want to be Yuujiro from pri pri.. but my friend wants me to be renji from Bleach.. ah what to do ^__^

Hooded Woman

Post by Hooded Woman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I will be attending this year:
Friday: Mahiro from Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Saturday: Darth Talon of Star Wars.
Sunday: Queen Etheria of Venture Brothers.

Sakenshi

Post by Sakenshi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:32 pm

I going for my first time to Megacon.
I am Cosplaying as Lucy/Nyuu From Elfen lied. :3

Nightblayde

Post by Nightblayde » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm

I really hope to go in 2009. I may be living in Miramar, FL for that part of the year. It would be great to go to MegaCon during the winter/spring and KumoriCon (my first con) during the summer. How was 2008?