AnimeFEST

(Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, etc)
Nema-chan

AnimeFEST

Post by Nema-chan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:29 pm

Just wondering, Is animeFEST worth going to? Me and my friend were planning on going, but we'd like to know if it would even be worth going to...Did I just repeat myself. -O___o- Meh, oh well.

huongstar
Celestial Cosplayer

Post by huongstar » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:28 am

From the looks of your profile, you're in Denton so AnimeFEST isn't too far from you. I'd say it's worth it, especially since they have such a great guest lineup this year. I don't know if I would get a hotel room for both nights but I'm sure you'll have a good time.

It's not nearly as large as A-kon but the staff is very nice and the events are run fairly well.

Aimee-chan

Post by Aimee-chan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:43 pm

I'll be at Animefest this year!^0^ I went last year,but i was by myself so it wasnt very much fun. I'll be cosplaying as Super Sailor Mercury,and thi time i'll have a friend with me!xD

Sakura_Efreet

AnimeFest- so worth it!

Post by Sakura_Efreet » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:42 pm

:D Yay! My first post on American Cosplay Paradise!
Anyways, yes, AnimeFest is sooo worth any trip! I've been attending cons since I was 11, and this year will be my 3rd time to go to A-Fest! I have to say I can appriciate it more than most cons because of its size- its smaller and oftentimes more organized than large cons like A-kon, and there also seem to be a lot less problems with things being backed up(things running off schedual).
All in all, if you get the chance, GO!! ^^.
If I were a teacup, I'd be juice! ^o^!

I is a con addict... however, my next con is up in the air right now.

angelzxdemonz

Post by angelzxdemonz » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:19 pm

animefest is definatllyy worth going to :D

i went in 2004 with 4 friends

2005 with 10 friends

and this year we'll be going as final fantasy characters with around 15-20 people <33

come look for me, ill be yuna summoner xD
go ninja go ninja go!

Natasha Venomscre

Post by Natasha Venomscre » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Hey, ^^' Going this year first my first Real con, as Ishizu and my bf as Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! the anime. battle City season <<; Looking for any who want to join in.

TheCheeseburger

Post by TheCheeseburger » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 pm

I'll be there with some friends!

Look for the One Piece goodness!
"You're my world! My life! My cheeseburger! My everything!"

TR Rose

Post by TR Rose » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:49 am

I'll be there! It's my first A-Fest, looking forward to meeting new people and seeing some familiar faces from A-Kon. ^_^

Squeaker-Ed

Post by Squeaker-Ed » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:58 pm

AnimeFEST.....when and where is it?
*~List of Alice's victims~*
Jeff McBride
Kevin Bacon
Some kid in Las Vegas

FaeandMerfolk

Post by FaeandMerfolk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:00 pm

A-fest Dallas was my first big con. It was great and a lot of fun. However, be warned that anytime you get a LARGE number of people in one event there will be idiots and morons that will ruin it for many. Hopefully the moronic behavior can be limited this year and won't ruin too much of the fun. Last year someone tripped a fire alarm during the rave and since I have severe asthma that is triggered by cigarette smoke I wasn't able to evacuate (since the first thing anyone does when they exit the building is light up)and had a staff member up in my face yelling at me for it. However, it was handled well by the hotel staff and that was the only staffer I had an issue with (she was rather rude to others as well but what can ya do? There's at least one in every group). The rest of the staff were either in their own little world or very nice to me.

All in all it was a great event and I hope to be able to make at least one day of it this year. Sadly, I can't make the whole event due to a family birthday. :) But I'll be in Durant for that so I'll be close enough that we might go the rest of the way and play. ;D