Hello, Im new to cosplay

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
bee24

Hello, Im new to cosplay

Post by bee24 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:02 am

Hi everyone!!!

I was watching my favorite show on youtube, Sailor Moon and I saw some conference stuff video, in it someone dressed as Sailor Moon, so that's how I found out about cosplay. I think is pretty cool to dress up just for fun and making the costumes or altering existing costumes. With Halloween approaching is the best time to start this new hobby, I got my costume (my very first real costume since I been a grown up) and I'm going to be Harley Quinn, I'm very excited and cant wait.
I do have a couple of questions, how do I get in touch with people that do cosplay??? I currently live in Germany but will be moving to upstate NY in February. Is there any cosplay community up here?? The costumes, do the have to be anime or can it be anything I want???
Please let me know everything I should know as a cosplay beginner. Thanks!!! :D

Nuku15

Re: Hello, Im new to cosplay

Post by Nuku15 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello there and welcome to acp nice to meet you so your a beginner cosplayer huh nice if you need help around or ideas just post in the idea part ok see you around :)

bee24

Re: Hello, Im new to cosplay

Post by bee24 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks!!!