Help with a new cosplayer?

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
austinnyc116

Help with a new cosplayer?

Post by austinnyc116 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey Guys! So I'll be buying my NYCC Tickets super soon, but now I need to prep on what I'm cosplaying as. It's not much of a character, but a kind of character. I want to go as a Tank. No, not like the vehicles used in warfare, I'm talking about the person that soaks up all your damage in MMO's. So that requires bulky armor and my personal favorite, an epic war hammer. My problem is, I'm new to all of this. So I need some help from you experienced craftsman/cosplayers. I'll throw some image below for inspiration for what I'm looking for.

Stormy_Mystique

Re: Help with a new cosplayer?

Post by Stormy_Mystique » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:53 pm

I wish I had been here sooner, I would have helped you figure it out. Make sure that when you plan to do a costume for a con that you plan well in advance though, typically a year if you're new to cosplaying. If you are local it makes it a lot easier, but traveling with a costume can be a huge headache. If you decide to make one for this year, let me know and I'll see if I can give you some tips! =^.^=