TX cosplayer, gamer, and geek. I'm fun-sized. I'm a ninja.

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
MariposaBella

TX cosplayer, gamer, and geek. I'm fun-sized. I'm a ninja.

Post by MariposaBella » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 am

Hi, everyone!

I’m pretty new to formal cosplaying. I’m known by my cos-name, Mariposa Bella, and I'm based out of Houston-Texas. I've attended quite a few Texas conventions since I started cosplaying (just back in March 2014), and it's catapulted into really big projects which I hope take me all over the country.

Blink from X-Men: Days of Future Past has become my trademark cosplay to date. I’ve gotten so much positive feedback from it, and I know she will always hold a special place in my heart. Ever since I saw a trailer for the movie release, I immediately I wanted to cosplay her. I was familiar with Blink from the X-Men comics, especially in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, but the character design from the DoFP movie really caught my eye. The hardest part of this project was finding concept art & images to help me build the costume accurately. I debuted the cosplay before the movie came out, and now she's a work in progress to make her even better! Hopefully, an improved version 3 will be ready for Dragon*Con this year.

I also enjoy cosplaying anime & video game characters, but comic book characters are my favorite. Check out my X-Men/Marvel lineups, both current & future WIP's, on my page sometime if you'd like:
www.facebook.com/MariposaBellaCosplay