Hallo there (from Maryland)!

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
Nemirin

Hallo there (from Maryland)!

Post by Nemirin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey, I'm new to ACP and semi-newbie at cosplay. I've started less than a year ago with my first cosplay debut at Katsucon 2013. My goal in cosplay is to have fun and dress up in outfits/characters I like from anime/manga/games/comics I am a fan of or have watched/read before. I am also trying my best to learn how to sew and make props for myself; fortunately, I have made friends with people who can teach me, but I am also hoping to learn from you guys as well.

So some things about myself: I've been watching anime and playing video games for almost my whole life; pretty much when I was 6-7 years old. Some of my first few anime would be when Toonami aired DBZ, Sailor Moon, etc. I'm a huge fan of the Kingdom Hearts games, some of the Tales of series, and League of Legends. My favorite anime is Shingeki no Kyojin, Gintama, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Rurouni Kenshin, Digimon, and a few more. My favorite genre that I indulge in is psychology, action, and mystery. I enjoy reading shoujo manga. I do enjoy some cartoons/comics, like Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Justice League, X-Men series, Teen Titans (both cartoons and comics), and Young Justice. However, my geeky-ness doesn't span as far as real TV shows, as I have found no appeal to it (aside from the BBC Sherlock Holmes).

I started going to my first con, Otakon, during my sophomore year of high school and then about 6 years later, I finally took a dip into making cosplay. My first cosplay I made is Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online. The pictures of my finish product is on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Nemirin.Cosplay. I'm actually proud of how far I got within the 2-3 months (on and off) of learning how to sew.

Well, that's about it I think. Sorry for the long intro. Haha...

Lunaster_2789

Re: Hallo there (from Maryland)!

Post by Lunaster_2789 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Hiya there! Pretty Asuna cosplay!
I ♥
  • Touhou Project
    K-On
    Inuyasha
    Vocaloid 1, 2 and 3
    Hetalia
    Black Rock Shooter
    And many more kinds of series.