In West Philadelphia, born and raised...

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
DVBenz

In West Philadelphia, born and raised...

Post by DVBenz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 pm

What's up, everybody? 8)

Most people call me Dan. American by birth, Indian by heritage. First-year college student with a bad habit of procrastination.

Ever since I was 7 years old, I was a closet otaku. In my local community back then, it was frowned upon to like things like anime/manga for various reasons. That changed when I went to high school and met the president of our school's anime club. Thanks to her, I found a few real friends who could relate to my love of anime/manga/video games. I wasn't afraid of being myself anymore. Now that I have a little more control over my schedule in college, I have some time to devote to anime conventions and cosplaying.

My very first convention was at Zenkaikon (King of Prussia, PA) last month. Although I didn't cosplay then, I did help an old friend (the former high school anime club president) with her booth at Artists' Alley.

The next convention that I plan to attend is Otakon in Baltimore. This time, I plan to cosplay (also my first time doing that.) My cosplay? A Goat Butler from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. Not exactly an easy start, but I don't intend to give up so easily on this. I'm just that stubborn.
"If you think you're in love, run your head into a brick wall. It'll hurt a lot less in the end."