Hi! Kinda knew, and looking for a little help.

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!

Which Pretear should i go as?

Wind
17%
Fire
No votes
Plant
No votes
Water
No votes
Ice
17%
Light
No votes
Sound
No votes
White Snow
33%
Do something else....
33%

Total votes: 6

Hime

Hi! Kinda knew, and looking for a little help.

Post by Hime » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 pm

Alright, i have an idea of what i want to do for my first Cosplay Costume, and that is from Pretear... but i'm not sure which outfit!! My best friend is planning on going as Sasame, the Leafe Knight of Sound, from Pretear, and i was thinking of going as Himeno, in her Wind Pretear costume... but i also like a few of her others, like the Fire Pretear, or the legandary White Snow Pretear... i just finished watching the entire series, and loooved it..

anyways, if you can help with idea's, or help in the making of the costume (i'm not the best with a needle... or anything like that...) maybe, what i should get, or idea's on how to make it.......... PLEASE help... thanks a ton!!
*hugs*
^.^

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:18 pm

The White Snow one really is the most impressive. That dress was beautiful. If you're not too experienced with sewing, though, I'd go for an easier costume. Unfortunately most of Himino's Pretear outfits are pretty complicated, so if this is your first time, you may want to go with something a little simpler, or maybe just her everyday outfit. If I remember correctly it was red, yellow and blue, right? Gotta love the primaries...
~Kia-chan

Hime

Hmm...

Post by Hime » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:50 pm

i know... i want to make it on my own, BUT my grandma or my best friend or just her mom may help me, if i need it... but still... i'm not completely inexperienced.. i can stitch upholes in clothes, and i made clothes for the Borrowers after seeing the movie on the big screen ((aloooooong time ago, but i still did really well...)) i'm a quick study, if i let myself learn.. but like i said, i'm not at all skilled with a needle, and most of the work i mentioned here, i got badly poked.....
^.^

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:23 am

I think that's kinda the fate of the cosplayer... getting poked, that is. Just try not to do it with sewing machines. I did that, and trust me, you don't wanna be sitting in the emergency room for 2 hours waiting for the docs to pull a needle out of your finger.

I would suggest printing out pictures of all her different costumes and showing your grandma and/or best friend. Ask which would be too hard for them to make and go from there. It's better to make something simple and really excel at it, then try something horrendously complicated and wind up frustrated with ten yards of torn fabric and a broken sewing machine. ^^ (Worst case scenario, of course.)
~Kia-chan

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:00 am

welcome welcome!
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Hime

thanks

Post by Hime » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:24 pm

^.^ hehe, thanks for the advice! My friend knows all the outfits, but i'll still do that ^.^ *likes smilies* anywho....... i'll keep in mind not to poke myself when using the sewing machine... don't sound like much fun *sigh* ruined all my plans......
^.^