New Cosplayer has a question...

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
PockyPrincess

New Cosplayer has a question...

Post by PockyPrincess » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi all! I recently put together my very first cosplay outfit and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to let me know if this will pass as the character I intend. There were a lot of outfits to choose from, but I thought this was one of the more recognizeable. I have a wig coming, but I was wondering if there was anything else I might be able to do/add, or if this is actually ok.

Riku from D.N.Angel

Thanks!![/img]

pinkcatmints

Post by pinkcatmints » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 am

Riku! ha, cool.

Is that outfit worn by Riku often?
I'm not sure since I have yet to finish the anime x.x
I think the shirt matches perfectly :D , but (and I don't know what else you have planned) if it isn't a 'common' outfit of her's, you might want to carry something really symbolic of Riku around with you... I saw a right up about making good cosplays- I have to find it again - but one of the points was, if you want to be recognized and your costume isn't necessarily common/well-known, then you should carry a picture(like a manga) with that costume in it and/or be in a group with more characters from the series, or some sort of accessory. I'll try to find that write-up, I think it's pretty interesting and it should help when you're feeling insecure about recognizability..... is that a word? oh well. ^^ There's lots of other info there too *goes to look*
"Lesson Lesson... If you see a stranger, follow him" - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivursky the 4th
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu

purpleladybug

Post by purpleladybug » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:12 am

I'm on disk 5 of that anime, I don't think I've seen it but thats one of the few animes where people actually change their clothing often...I love the top!!! I'd wear it on just a normal occasion. but as long as you carry your reference pic, then you can show the people that aren't familiar with it who you are.
My tie dye website is http://www.facebook.com/LadybugOriginals

Con schedule for 2012
MTAC
Wonder Girl

AWA
Sakura "GO" Kimono
Psychic Paine fan art from ffx-2
Paine yukata from ffx-2

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Nicely worn outfit my dear... That so looks great on you, PockyPrincess.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

PockyPrincess

Post by PockyPrincess » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:47 pm

purpleladybug wrote:I'm on disk 5 of that anime, I don't think I've seen it but thats one of the few animes where people actually change their clothing often...I love the top!!! I'd wear it on just a normal occasion. but as long as you carry your reference pic, then you can show the people that aren't familiar with it who you are.
Thanks! Yeah, it was hard to try and find an outfit other than the school uniform to do. I went with this one not only because I would be able to contruct something, even in the smallest sense, but she does where it in one of the pivotal scenes towards the end of the anime. I will be carrying a D.N. Angel bag with me...but I will most definitely bring a copy of the picture as well. :D

PockyPrincess

Post by PockyPrincess » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Choji Warrior wrote:Nicely worn outfit my dear... That so looks great on you, PockyPrincess.
Aww schucks! Thanks! :D

PockyPrincess

Post by PockyPrincess » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 pm

pinkcatmints wrote:Riku! ha, cool.

Is that outfit worn by Riku often?
I'm not sure since I have yet to finish the anime x.x
I think the shirt matches perfectly :D , but (and I don't know what else you have planned) if it isn't a 'common' outfit of her's, you might want to carry something really symbolic of Riku around with you... I saw a right up about making good cosplays- I have to find it again - but one of the points was, if you want to be recognized and your costume isn't necessarily common/well-known, then you should carry a picture(like a manga) with that costume in it and/or be in a group with more characters from the series, or some sort of accessory. I'll try to find that write-up, I think it's pretty interesting and it should help when you're feeling insecure about recognizability..... is that a word? oh well. ^^ There's lots of other info there too *goes to look*
Thanks!Yeah, let me know if you find that article...I would love to give it a read!

purpleladybug

Post by purpleladybug » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:00 am

PockyPrincess wrote:
purpleladybug wrote:I'm on disk 5 of that anime, I don't think I've seen it but thats one of the few animes where people actually change their clothing often...I love the top!!! I'd wear it on just a normal occasion. but as long as you carry your reference pic, then you can show the people that aren't familiar with it who you are.
Thanks! Yeah, it was hard to try and find an outfit other than the school uniform to do. I went with this one not only because I would be able to contruct something, even in the smallest sense, but she does where it in one of the pivotal scenes towards the end of the anime. I will be carrying a D.N. Angel bag with me...but I will most definitely bring a copy of the picture as well. :D

is it worth me finishing the anime?

Con schedule for 2012
MTAC
Wonder Girl

AWA
Sakura "GO" Kimono
Paine yukata from ffx-2

pinkcatmints

Post by pinkcatmints » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 am

^
^

Yeah, I'm looking for it -- there are so many different pages of cosplay help, it's hard to find <.< It's possible that it is on my favorites list on my home computer.... but that will take a little under 3 months for me to get to again. So I'll keep looking.

Thanks!Yeah, let me know if you find that article...I would love to give it a read![/quote]
"Lesson Lesson... If you see a stranger, follow him" - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivursky the 4th
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu

PockyPrincess

Post by PockyPrincess » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:48 pm

purpleladybug wrote:

I think so. That's just my personal opinion, of course, but I liked it. :)

What episode are you on?

purpleladybug

Post by purpleladybug » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 am

PockyPrincess wrote:
purpleladybug wrote:

I think so. That's just my personal opinion, of course, but I liked it. :)

What episode are you on?
um.....rikku and di finaly realize they like each other-I know I just finnished the 5th disk.

Con schedule for 2012
MTAC
Wonder Girl

AWA
Sakura "GO" Kimono
Paine yukata from ffx-2

PockyPrincess

Post by PockyPrincess » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Cool beans!

It really is a pretty cool series, I would most definitely keep on watching.