Please Help -warning, somewhat long-

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
lolirancar_ririnetto

Please Help -warning, somewhat long-

Post by lolirancar_ririnetto » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Okay, so, I think I may have settled on a lineup. but I need some help in some areas. first, here is my list. I may make changes later on if I decide I really can't manage it all or if I don't want to do some of it.

Shishiwakamaru [Yu Yu Hakusho]
Urahara Kisuke [Bleach]
Eiri Yuki [Gravitation]
Hunny [Ouran High School Host Club]
Hinata [Naruto Shippuden]
Luppi [Bleach]
Cirucci Thunderwitch [Bleach]
It's alot, I know, but it's mostly because I'm hoping to debut my cosplay group at the convention, and stuff. what i really need help with are

1. Confidence - I'm really, painfully shy, and I have problems with trying to be more open in public, and , also, trying to talk is a real problem. I barely managed to walk across stage last year for the cosplay competition, and when i tried to do the mock acting, i almost fell apart. posing was hard too, because i kept wondering what others thought of me. I had fun, but it was hard...

2. this is also embarassing to talk about, but since most of my costumes are male, and I made promises to my friend I would go as Yuki for her, and I have....well...noticeable girl parts, I've tried ace wrap and the body tape methods, and they don't work right, i think i may be doing it wrong, but it's a problem for me. also, I already have my kisuke outfit, and he wears his top slightly opened in most episodes ._.

-continues below-
Last edited by lolirancar_ririnetto on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for new cosplay ideas and new friends! Ohyes.

lolirancar_ririnetto

Post by lolirancar_ririnetto » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:37 pm

3. this one is not so bad, but accurate wigs. I've noticed that Yuki, Kisuke and Hunny basically have about the same hairstyle an color, so i could get by with one wig, but i can't find a good one for it... Cirucci, i could probably get by with curling my own and if my hair isn't long enough by the con, i could just by a long black wig and streak it purple for hinata...but its the blonde one...and the Shishiwakamaru wig. If I have to, I am willing to switch him out for Rangiku from Bleach, which would give problem number 2 a break for awhile, but it's also hard to find a long, slightly curled copper wig.
Looking for new cosplay ideas and new friends! Ohyes.

lilkillerduck

Post by lilkillerduck » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:18 am

Excuse me, but I missed the question. What do you need help with exactly? It looks like you're talking to yourself.. maybe sorting things out in your mind, except.. in writing. Good luck with that, in any case.
Who wants to dye my hair purple?

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 am

Ok for wigs, Moon Costumes or Cosworx. For becoming flatter don't tape across the body flatten towards your sides. A body tape , packing tape, flesh colored tape works (have solvent on hand) you don't have to tape your self completely flat because you want to simulate Pecs. If you over a C cup you are a little SOL cause.... yeah you know. I'm an F so there is no hiding that I have to make my male costumes female versions.

Now don't worry you will be fine, head up shoulders back, sly smile and Go.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Jasdero

Post by Jasdero » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:24 am

ok for the wig. If it looks right then go for it. I use my rip wig for many things.
For the ace bandage you might not be doing it tight enough. Here is a link to a full forum on this.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=15709
it will help a lot. you could also get a skin toned compression shirt from a sports store (usually for guys..but that is the whole point)
For the whole confidence thing...just think to yourself...this is not me...it is the character...and they would NOT be doing this. They would be standing straight, or crouched, or kicking something. just put your mind in the characters place. I usually watch the anime with my character in it the day befor and get in a mind set. becouse when i cosplay i am not me...i am jasdero or rip van winkle or Misa...
Check out my site...
http://www.freewebs.com/comcos
Gaijin USA FEED THE ADDICTION!
For your anime needs!
http://www.gaijinusa.com