If You Need Help With An Akatsuki Member's Costume...

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
queen_indigo

If You Need Help With An Akatsuki Member's Costume...

Post by queen_indigo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:18 pm

I went as Deidara for Halloween. I searched for WEEKS for some way to make a cloak, but I couldn't find a way, so I made up my own. Because I'm too cheap to buy one. 8) I went to a store that sold really general Halloween costumes (so, yes, this is easiest to make around Halloween) and I found a vampire cloak. It was a good length, already had a red inside, AND the neckband. :o Of course, it didn't come with sleeves. :cry: So I had my grandma sew some on. Then, I put some velcro along the middle so that it would close. I couldn't find a zipper long enough, and snaps were harder to attach. I found some nice red fabric and cut out cloud shapes (four: two on the sides, one on the front, and one on the back) and used a sewing machine to make sure they'd stay on (one of my friends taped theirs :? ). I bought some *sparkly* white fabric paint and put it around the edges of the clouds. When the clouds were sewed on, they were really bunched up but the paint hid most of that. The cloak turned out really good. I had to make two (one for my brother) and both worked. I don't have any pictures, I can't find my camera. :? And we only took one group picture, anyways. I'm going to post the headband instructions next...
~ Currently Watching ~
-Death Note (Ep.11 )
-Naruto (Chpt.379 )
-Bleach(Ep.18 )
-Ouran High School Host Club(Chpt.17 )

queen_indigo

Post by queen_indigo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Okay! The headband was really easy, and only cost me a few dollars. Anyways, I drank some mountain dew and cut the top and bottom of the can off (make sure it's a light-colored drink). Then I cut it so that I could roll it out flat. I used a boxcutter, they are VERY sharp, be careful! If you hold both ends of the now-rectangular pop can, bend it so that it doesn't curl as much. Draw, on a peice of paper, the size and shape you want the metal part to be, then cut it out and place it over the inside of the can. Then take a pencil and trace around the outside of the paper onto the can. Use the boxcutter to cut the can along the line. It's really hard to get the lines right, so I used scissors to trim to edges. I traced the symbol onto it ( make sure example isn't from a flipped manga page! ) and used the boxcutter to scrape away at the symbol so that it was indented. DO NOT CUT THROUGH THE CAN! I then used a Sharpie and filled in the middle of the indent black. Since I was going as a missing-nin, I used the boxcutter, again, to scrape a line through the symbol. Be careful not to mess it up. I used the Sharpie on the line, but not as much. Then, use the boxcutter to put three holes on each side of the headband. I went to an arts and crafts store and got brads, I don't know how to describe them, but if you ask for them, they'll know what you mean. Try to get silver ones. And some black or blue fabric. Enough to fit around your head with a bit extra and enough to fold it three times over. Stick the brads through the holes and through two layers of the fabric and bend them over so that your headband won't come out of the fabric. I used fabric glue to keep the fabric together.
~ Currently Watching ~
-Death Note (Ep.11 )
-Naruto (Chpt.379 )
-Bleach(Ep.18 )

queen_indigo

Post by queen_indigo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:53 pm

The real problem with my cotume was my wig. I guess it wasn't a very good one, because the back didn't have enough hair for the ponytail, and the part was in the middle, so I had to turn it... I ended up not wearing it at all. My brother went as Sasori, and the wig my mom bought for him was a girl's bowl cut-looking thing. But I managed to make it look really good! :o Olive, who also went as Deidara, had the same wig, and got it to work. :cry: Kyoko went as Konan, and her wig was weird, but it was okay. I guess there aren't many blue wigs that don't have bangs. :? Another friend (who doesn't have a weird nickname yet) went as Tobi, and didn't have to worry about a wig. :lol: We also tried making the rings with clay, but we aren't very skilled with clay... Especially the stuff that cracks. :( So we left the rings. I hope this was helpful! It took a long time to type...
~ Currently Watching ~
-Death Note (Ep.11 )
-Naruto (Chpt.379 )
-Bleach(Ep.18 )

queen_indigo

Post by queen_indigo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Ah, and this was my first cosplay. :D It took about a month including the sleeves. I'm done now. 8)
~ Currently Watching ~
-Death Note (Ep.11 )
-Naruto (Chpt.379 )
-Bleach(Ep.18 )

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:24 am

Thats really good! Queen Indigo. Diedara eh. A lot of Diedara cosplays eh um a lot of female versions of him its pretty nice though. Cool stuff. And all that stuff to make it too awesome.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

vvinged

Post by vvinged » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:12 am

Haha, I crossplayed deidara. that was fun.. Some random kids came up to me and my friend and was like 'ITS THE AKATSUKI'.. It was the highlight of october..
Jessica-So what exactly is the definition of the word 'Glomp'
Emily-Hmm. Good question. The world may never know.

queen_indigo

Post by queen_indigo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Ah! Me, too! :o Three people recognized us. Someone who opened the door called us 'Naruto Fans'... And two boys walking down the street yelled (really loudly) "LOOK IT'S THE AKATSUKI!" We were all joking about it later on. 8)
~ Currently Watching ~
-Death Note (Ep.11 )
-Naruto (Chpt.379 )
-Bleach(Ep.18 )