Help me decide between these 2 ideas! [First Cosplay]

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
Feyko

Help me decide between these 2 ideas! [First Cosplay]

Post by Feyko » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:02 pm

So, I've never cosplayed before, but I want to for PAX East next year. I'm between two ideas as of now, but I have a lot of time until next year, and can change my mind if a better idea is found. So, here are the two characters:

Explorer Ezreal:

Phalanx (He's in a new game called Blade Symphony):
http://imgur.com/a/ThgCg#EqEKuO6

So, I have no experience with really making anything fabric related, I also have no idea where I would get/make the things like the jacket or vest. I really know nothing about this, I may be over my head. I guess I need to decide which cosplay to do first, which is why I'm starting here.

I am 5'11, around average build, age 18. Dirty blond hair that is thick (reason why Im explorer ez, and not the other skins, also because I like Indiana Jones XD).

So, assuming now I can put together both cosplays, I have pros for each.
Explorer Ezreal:
Is a league of legends cosplay, which is popular at PAX.
Get to go to the super special league cosplay room, and get free stuff for cosplaying for lol
More people will recognize it
My friend is going as lulu, and we could do the whole adc/support combo

Phalanx:
From a new game, it would be cool to be the first to cosplay it.
Im consistently between rank 100-1000 for the game, and I love the game to death
I care more about this character than I do for Explorer Ezreal

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MaryWitt

Re: Help me decide between these 2 ideas! [First Cosplay]

Post by MaryWitt » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 am

hey there! I'm a newbie myself, so you may want to defer to those who know better! :lol: but anyway, just my two cents, I think Explorer Ezreal might be easier to do. He's wearing mostly regular clothes, all you have to do is find a similar brown jacket and those shoes. The white shirt and red bandanna, you might even have them already. The character can do without the helmet light right? I searched for more pics. Anyway, I don't know how you can make the glove thing though :D but if you can come up with it, it should be fun to character-play along with your friend.

daft-pomf

Re: Help me decide between these 2 ideas! [First Cosplay]

Post by daft-pomf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Phalanx would most likely be cheaper to cosplay since the costume is rather plain, not that it's bad! But the mask would be easy to make on your own out of foam.

Ezreal has a Steampunk theme to him and from personal experience, that can get expensive. The goggles could go from 15-49 USD pretty quickly.

I vote for Phalanx, but you should definitely do both of them when you get the chance! Happy cosplaying!
Signatures remind me of the Gaia Online forums I used to go on in 2008, ohmygod.