male 2 female magical girl cosplay

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
futureandro77

male 2 female magical girl cosplay

Post by futureandro77 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:24 pm

hi :mrgreen: so i randomly got this realization today that i think it would be a lot of fun to do a magical girl cosplay, probably either Madoka or Mami from Puella Magi. As you can tell from my subject title i am a male but yeah, i kinda wanna try this... I saw they have Puella Magi costumes for sale online so i'd probably just get one of those. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of thing, what to expect, tips for doing a good job w/ the costume, etc. Really anything, I just want to hear perspectives.

I've never done a real cosplay costume before, and for the record i might wanna do male costumes as well at some point, but idk this just seems like a good idea lol

update: i ordered it 8) so we will see what happens

MaryWitt

Re: male 2 female magical girl cosplay

Post by MaryWitt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm

I just saw your thread and wondered why no one has replied.. I think it'll be a good idea for guys to try out girl characters! I mean if I see a guy who ca pull it off, that would be immensely impressive! Us girls have the luxury of being able to hide behind armors and bulky clothing. We'll just change our walk a bit, and no one will mind even if they find out we're girls dressing up as male characters.

Did you go through with this? If you haven't yet, I just have one tip: makeup! I've seen plenty of makeup pictures showing men being transformed expertly into soft-featured girls for cosplay. If you can find someone who's really good at makeup, you should be able to pull of a Puella Magi character easily. :D