Sasuke Collar

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
RockLeeIsGreen

Sasuke Collar

Post by RockLeeIsGreen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:01 pm

I was wondering what would be the best way to construct Sasuke Collar. I want to make it so that it doesn't fall down but it is somewhat sturdy. What do you guys sudjest? Oh and do you know a place online were i can get the arm and leg cloths?

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:27 pm

I'd go with some kind of cardboard for the collar, but duct tape it up and then fabric it over.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:43 pm

get a real collor from a pet store. You can then place diffrent items on it.

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:21 pm

If I were you I'd just find some really thick fusible interfacing and use that.
You can find interfacing at any fabric store (just ask the people where it is). It's usually used in collars and hat brims and such to make the fabric stand up, or thicker. You'll probably need either one layer of REALLY thick stuff or two or three layers of the fusible kind to make it stand up the way Sasuke's does.
The fusible interfacing is very easy to use. Just place it over the fabric (shiny side to the fabric or else you're going to wind up with a mess) and iron. The shiny side is a glue that will stick to the fabric. Voila! Instant collar-standy-up-ness.
For Sasuke in particular you'll definately need to line it, since the inside of his shirt is white while the outside is blue. Cut the pattern for the collar in both the white and blue fabrics, iron the interfacing on them both, then place them together, interfaced sides out, sew along the top, and turn it inside out. ^^
For his arm bands I'd suggest cotton or linen for the white part. You can buy small belt buckles in the notions department of your local fabric store for the fasteners.
~Kia-chan

ForgottenDreams

^^

Post by ForgottenDreams » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:15 pm

Or you can always have the easy way out. Use cotton. Put cotton inside ^^ It worked for my friend.

Phanari

Post by Phanari » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:23 am

Sasuke's collar is made from a type of fabric that is, as I would put it, evil when trying to do this particular type of collar.
God blesses us all in this world in many different ways!