three teared skirt

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Sasukeshopesakura278

three teared skirt

Post by Sasukeshopesakura278 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:07 pm

the skirt in this picture any ideas on how to make it

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34 pm

pretty simple. Make the first layer one that fits you. The cut long long strips 6-8 inches wide and gather them as you sew them on. Remember work like shingles, start on the bottom and move up.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:24 pm

It looks like it could be a shortened version of this type of design:
http://www.butterick.com/item/B3418.htm View D

Obviously, your skirt is a lot shorter so that the ruffled tiers overlap slightly, but that pattern is a general construction idea. Maybe instead of top stitching the ruffles onto the base skirt, pin the ruffles to the base upside down (but put right sides of fabric together so the wrong side of the ruffle shows while you sew) then stitch so that afterwards, when the ruffles fall into position (right side out and upside up), the top edges don't show. Sorry if that description's a bit hairy. :?

It shouldn't be very hard, just tedious with all the gathering of the ruffles.