Colored Leather?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
kawaiipunkd

Colored Leather?

Post by kawaiipunkd » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Does anyone know where to find colored leather, preferable light purple and dark blue, for my Ren costume I plan on making... I'd really love to find it in red as well so I can make her collar, and wrist/anklets

And help is very appreciated <3

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am

Try this: find a Sharpie and paint over the leather with the marker. Do this with scrap leather first to make sure it can turn out ok.

If you find a place that makes leather like that, tell me please.

Bloodius

Post by Bloodius » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Maybe you can search through Jo-Anne's Fabrics? I found a purple, red, black, white, brown, and green leather at a local store.

kawaiipunkd

Post by kawaiipunkd » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Bloodius wrote:Maybe you can search through Jo-Anne's Fabrics? I found a purple, red, black, white, brown, and green leather at a local store.
Honto? I'll go look tonight. Thank you very much <3

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Well do you want real leather or pleather? for real leather I go to a Native American store. They have all colors of leather , from deer to bison.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.