Simon Accessories?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
kalajessta

Simon Accessories?

Post by kalajessta » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:08 pm

I'm having several issues with Simon's accessories like his goggles and spiral necklace:

Any suggestions on how to make either?

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:58 pm

Get a pair of "Wrap around head" sunglasses, these can be found at Eyeglass doctor's facilitys. Just add an elastic band to the back. Eye doctor's places are nice, they will order you a set and pair to any color you desire, but any pair can run fairly expensive.

Need a better refrence pic of the necklace, I may be able to make one for under $25.

kalajessta

Post by kalajessta » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:23 pm

I'm not asking for things to be commissioned. My project budget for Simon is under $60 for everything. I've been sewing for a few years now, so the costume isn't the issue. I just need suggestions/tips on how to make a few accessories.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:14 am

Still need a necklace shot, but you may be able to get away with a "Salt water Sinker" if my guess is right, just paint it.

The glasses; If they can be opaque, use egg shells and hot glue. That could be usefull if you're crafty.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:09 pm

lol well if you don't need funtional goggles (cause the picture looks really flat) Fabric, cut out the design and paint the eye spots, but functional ones would be so cool. As for the necklace you could try polymer clay (Michael's or Jo Ann's)
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.