I need help T_T

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
amarein

I need help T_T

Post by amarein » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:18 pm

I don't know where to start since this is my first cosplay. Does anyone have any ideas for what materials or types of fabric I should use for creating Meer's costume? [She is a character from Gundam Seed Destiny] I know this is a very general question, but please give me any ideas. Thanks ^_^

Here are some pictures: http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 2cebp3.jpg

http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/01cool/cha ... mia1-4.jpg

Technopoptart

Post by Technopoptart » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

well that all depends on your budget..

I can say this as i work in a fabric store and i can tell you the price of material can get quite hefty. if you are broker then broke...broad cloth or cottons are good. as the run about 2-4 dollars a yard. but they wrikle quite easily.

You could alo use a satin if you want a shiney look. yet agian you run into a price range of anywhere from 4.99 (baroque satin) to 12.99 (casa priom/bridal satin)

You could also use a taffeta. as it has some sheen. thats fairly cheap about 5$ a yard.

I would sugest a dance materal or something stretchy for the one white pice. it looks like it could be a leotard of some sort. then adorn it with the purple. which... i am partial to satin...but thats just me.

it really depends on what look you are going for. are you whanting to be shiney, look at me look at me. or a matte classic look.

figure out that first then look for material in your price range

amarein

Post by amarein » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Thank you! This helps alot! ^^

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:31 pm

I would recommend...I'm not sure what it's really called, but it's labeled "dance wear" at my fabric store. It has a bit of shine to it and is stretchy enough for this project. I think it's like $4-6/yard.

If you are looking for something less expensive, I personally think broadcloth would work too, those are usually $2-3/yard.

Looking forward to seeing your completed costume! *is fan of GS/GSD*
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

amarein

Post by amarein » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:00 am

Thank you! ^^