Sailor Jupiter Details?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Synnie

Sailor Jupiter Details?

Post by Synnie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:32 pm

I'm going to be cosplaying as Sailor Jupiter very soon. The dress, gloves, tiara, and choker are all taken care of, but it's the boots, and possibly, her wand that I need mucho help with. @_@

But first, the boots. I don't have any experience when it comes to footwear... would I just alter an older pair?

Oh, and jewelry. Sometimes I see her with star shaped drop earrings, with a star on the choker, and othertimes, the choker has a star, and she wears rose earrings. It probably varies by the series, but goodness, there's so many of them. >< My dress is just pretty basic. I just went ahead with a round button on the bow, not a heart shaped one, if that has anything to help identify a particular series.
~ * ~ N A N A L O V E ~ * ~

BlackKnightress210

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 am

If it were me and I used the round brooch, I'd go with the rose earrings.

As for her boots you may be able to find some online. As for the colour, which I'm sure they won't have, I've painted boots. They didn't come out too bad, but since it's paint you'd obviously have to paint them again. Unless you managed to dye the boot fabric entirely, but I'd be useless with helping you there!

Spray paint them, that's what I'd do again. Just make sure to not spray the laces as they need to be white! XD

Sakura_Efreet

Post by Sakura_Efreet » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Okay. I know a lot of cosplayers can't stand Ebay (I dunno why!) but there are a few people on Ebay who make all the Sailor Scouts wands and things for decently cheap. I know the rose earrings go for around 20 a pair, but they are really pretty and normaly good quality.
If I were a teacup, I'd be juice! ^o^!

I is a con addict... however, my next con is up in the air right now.

Synnie

Post by Synnie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:20 am

Ebay? Seriously? I know they say you can find everything on ebay, but I never really checked. ^^ Thanks for the tip-off, I'll check that out right now...

And Black Knightress, the round brooch goes with the rose earrings, you say? Okie-dokie then, thank you. I was so confused.

If the ebay thing doesn't work, I'll check Goodwill for a decent pair of ankle boots or something. And I'd go with the spraypaint, because it's probably got better elasticity than most paints. (I'm an artist dork, I know these things. XD)
~ * ~ N A N A L O V E ~ * ~

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am

Synnie wrote: And I'd go with the spraypaint, because it's probably got better elasticity than most paints. (I'm an artist dork, I know these things. XD)
Actually, spray paint tends to flake off shoes/boots from what I've read of others' experiences. Not sure if that 'Fusion' stuff fares any better. Floral spray comes highly recommended, and there's also spray and dye made especially for shoes at places like CosplaySupplies.com.

Good luck with the boots. ^_^

TheCheeseburger

Post by TheCheeseburger » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 pm

I would go with a pair of Edwardian or Victorian style lace up boots. They have the perfect shape, and you can change the laces. You can find them always on eBay! (It's where I found my Neptune shoes!)

Also, you can find leather and synthetic leather paints for just this sort of thing. Just Google it!
"You're my world! My life! My cheeseburger! My everything!"