Aerith/Aeris Hair

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
th_one_and_only_Aerithxx

Aerith/Aeris Hair

Post by th_one_and_only_Aerithxx » Tue May 22, 2007 10:18 am

ok i need help... i'm cosplaying Aerith/Aeris for Otakon this year.. (no duh) and i need help with the hair... ok my hair is shoulder lengh and its dyed black (natural is a dark stawberry blonde) and i have side bangs... now i'm not sure on what to do... whould i dye my hair brown and get some sort of hair extentions or some sort of hair peice.... or should i get a wig please someone help me....

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue May 22, 2007 12:33 pm

I'd get hair extensions to Braid, a wig with as much hair as you have may cause a heavy mat under the wig and can get hot real fast. Espescialy with Summer.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue May 22, 2007 2:53 pm

Wearing a wig if you have shoulder length hair isn't that bad at all, really. Just make sure you get a good wig cap and pin up your hair or put it in a couple of ponytails before you put on the wig cap, then the wig. Since Aeris has braided hair, a wig of that length should be even less of a hassle as it won't tangle and go everywhere. It'd be easier to keep the bangs looking like hers, as well. If you're used to having longish hair or wearing hats, a wig in the summer isn't terribly bad. You'll at least be inside a building with air conditioning most of the time.

Unless your name is Nymphadora Tonks, it would be next to impossible to get your real hair looking like hers without a ridiculous amount of effort.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Make sure you get the proper glue for it too! IF not, the cap will slide off. Hair Conditioner is the anti-glue

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue May 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Glue? To your head? You pin it there.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed May 23, 2007 3:18 am

that sounds painful. It's a type of oil solvant glue that is used for prostetics.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed May 23, 2007 8:51 am

You don't glue the wig cap or the wig to your head. You use hair pins. What you're thinking of is a bald cap, which you do glue to your head. However, the point of wearing a wig cap (which is pretty much the end of a stocking) is to keep your real hair tucked away while giving you something to pin the wig onto with hairpins.

th_one_and_only_Aerithxx

Post by th_one_and_only_Aerithxx » Wed May 23, 2007 10:03 am

??? ok so are you guys saying i should use a wig? urg @_@

hiei/is/2/hot

Post by hiei/is/2/hot » Fri May 25, 2007 7:05 pm

I'd go with the wig. Well thats what I'm going with. x D
I to have shoulder lengh hair and it's a pain to get it in a wig, but it's well worth it.
ImageA Hero, is not afraid to give his life for what is right...