Need Help: Laguna Loire

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
impyshaz

Need Help: Laguna Loire

Post by impyshaz » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 am

Well, I posted a similar thread in the "New Members" section, but I suppose a majority of that topic belonged in this particular forum.

I would like to cosplay Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII at Anime-Iowa (which is in August). I have started... absolutely nothing, so I am beseaching you here, with your gobs of expertise to take pity on a wretched no-talent cosplay n00b and enlighten me with the wisdom of experience.

Picture of the 1/6 Figure for Laguna (which I find to be the most accurate)
http://www.gamemusic.com/cgi-bin/WebObj ... CM&did=141

The pants seem simple enough (if I don't want to do whatever wackiness is going on with the waist, which I don't). Belt, just some searching is needed. Boots, easy, and the shirt won't take much work either.

What I'm stuck on is THE JACKET, and THE GUN. The Jacket is just a monumental pothole in moving this set-up a long. To me it looks like one of those shorter female leather jackets, but in an intense blue color. I have no idea where to begin on this. This is where my good friends (to be) come in and help me with tid-bits of information that I can use to create a masterpiece.

If all goes well, I'll be going to the con dressed as Laguna (I've grown my hair out to a comprable length and its a black/brown color so I'm good to go), with my girlfriend dressed as Quistis (she has the face and hair for it) and my brother will be going as Irvine (again, hair and face). So glad we won't be needing wigs... just lots and lots of product. /sigh

Anyway, there's that, I'll be waiting patiently pressing the refresh button over and over, so see you soon.
So, this is where normal cool graphics would go if I wasn't so lazy.

COS-show

Post by COS-show » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:22 pm

The link is broken. :oops:
COS-CLUB:http://cos.go.3322.org.
I am the owner of one sewing workshop,If you have an interest in our products pls contact me by email esuian@gmail.com

impyshaz

Post by impyshaz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:42 am

Strange, it works for me. Try copy and pasting it rather than a mere click. The link isn't incredibly important. You could also try typing "Laguna 1/6" into google and voila you'll get basically the same results. The point I'm trying to make is that the 1/6 scale figure gives the best detail of the costume.
So, this is where normal cool graphics would go if I wasn't so lazy.

Fialchar

Post by Fialchar » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:37 am

Link works fine for me. Here's the pic for anyone who can't see it;

Become the wind, the divine wind, and into the darkness disappear..

~†t+-來~§ђǻŁǻ₣ï~來-+t†~

COS-show

Post by COS-show » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:53 pm

The color of the jacket is very good but for a leather it's not easy to get.I suggest you can make it by other materials.

The pants made from black leather is ok.
COS-CLUB:http://cos.go.3322.org.
I am the owner of one sewing workshop,If you have an interest in our products pls contact me by email esuian@gmail.com