Gender Problems?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
camiflatch

Gender Problems?

Post by camiflatch » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Hello, I am planning on cosplaying as a male character, Shuichi Shindo from Gravitation to be exact. But the problem is, I'm a girl. I'm a bit worried about the chest area.... I know this might be a silly question, but are there any sort of chest wrapping techniques I could use that wouldn't be visible under form-fitting fabric? I'm not incredibly endowed, so that shouldn't be a... large problem. Anyway, tips and tricks would be much oblidged.

Forever at your disposal,
camiflatch

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Ace bandages are the best way to go. Since you say you don't have much to bind, you would only need one - and Shuichi's top is black? It wouldn't show up very well unless people are looking for it. If they are, you can punch them, as that's inappropriate.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:16 am

i bind with sports tape right on the skin I dont recomend it though for anyone who doesnt like lots of pain with removal and scarring. Sports tape over something works well though it does tend to bunch and be a little over heated.
I did Shuichi last year, well I do Shuichi every year. but not many people care about the binding with him.

Good luck.
I second the "punching of nosey peoples." if they get to close look around and it there is no security then wam them one. if there is then scream, security does not put up with anything!
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.